Compile nona on Amazon Linux

Iacovlev Pavel

Sep 20, 2017, 3:19:24 AM9/20/17
Hello,

I would like to run nona on Amazon Linux, which is a loosely based on RHEL.

I tried compiling the entire Hugin release using the following guide https://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Fedora. The farthest I could get is running into wxWidget related errors, which is not present on Amazon Linux. Compiling it from source fails with even more dependencies (some GUI related) which are not available.

My question would be: Is there a way to compile nona only ? I don't need any GUI tools.

Best Regards,
Pavel Iacovlev

Gunter Königsmann

Sep 20, 2017, 4:04:17 AM9/20/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I am convinced that amazon linux contains a ackage manager like rpm that automatically installs wxWidgets (and most probably even hugin) for you if you ask it to.

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Gnome Nomad

Sep 20, 2017, 4:15:58 AM9/20/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

According to this post:

https://serverfault.com/questions/798427/what-linux-distribution-is-the-amazon-linux-ami-based-on

Amazon Linux hasn't really been compatible with RHEL/Centos since 2013.

Am 20.09.2017 09:19 schrieb "Iacovlev Pavel" <iacovle...@gmail.com>:
[...]

David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Iacovlev Pavel

Sep 20, 2017, 4:16:27 AM9/20/17
Hello, thank you for the reply.

Amazon Linux uses yum as it's package manager.

It does not, here is the list of the available packages:

I have also enabled the EPEL repo as mentioned here: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/ec2-enable-epel/
Which adds some of the needed package to compile Hugin, but wxWidgets is not one of them, this is where I got stuck.

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:04:17 AM UTC+3, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
[...]

Gnome Nomad

Sep 20, 2017, 4:23:13 AM9/20/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Amazon Linux looks like it's supposed to just be a server, not support "desktop" oriented tools like Hugin.

Iacovlev Pavel

Sep 20, 2017, 4:24:28 AM9/20/17
I don't need the desktop Hugin tools, I just need nona which is a CLI application.

Gnome Nomad

Sep 20, 2017, 4:40:52 AM9/20/17
Well, if you can figure out how to compile Nona without the rest of Hugin, it still might not work with Amazon Linux due to some other dependency AL doesn't include. Good luck!