Fast Preview Window FOV very sensitive

Terry Duell

Nov 16, 2015, 3:54:54 PM11/16/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
Attempting to make final adjustments in the Fast Preview window, to a pano
with a small FOV (~ 5 deg vertically, ~8 deg horiz.) I have found that
when the FOV sliders are near their limits, attempts to make a small
change can have a large effect, making it difficult to achieve the desired
result.
Is there a way of making small changes when near the limits?
If this isn't currently possible, I wonder if it might be possible to
change the "gearing" of the sliders as they approach the limits.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

T. Modes

Nov 18, 2015, 7:24:04 AM11/18/15
Hi Terry

Am Montag, 16. November 2015 21:54:54 UTC+1 schrieb Tduell:
Is there a way of making small changes when near the limits?
If this isn't currently possible, I wonder if it might be possible to
change the "gearing" of the sliders as they approach the limits.

this is not possible (at least not easy). We are using the default sliders from the wxWidgets. They have a fixed gearing.

You can use the cursor keys (when the slider have the focus) to make fine adjustments. The step width was 2 deg. I changed it in default branch to 1 deg.
So you can with a step width of 1 deg with the cursor keys.
If you need a finer control, you have to use the numerical input fields (projection tab in fast preview window or stitcher panel in editor window).

Thomas

Terry Duell

Nov 18, 2015, 4:20:42 PM11/18/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com