Problem about lens info

Isaac Qiao

Jul 17, 2017, 4:57:27 PM7/17/17
For the same set of images(their lens info should be fisheye and 3.0mm*5). When I input them into Hugin to generate the initial project. For my MacBook and Windows system, I can get lens type and focal length correct(Fisheye/3.0mm*5). While for Ubuntu and My iMac, I got wrong lens info for those images(normal/4.0mm*5). I used the same version of Hugin(I tried both 2016.2 and 2017). And I have also updated all my OS to the newest version.
I cannot figure out why the app is doing that. I don't remember where did I read it but I remember Hugin is supposed to auto detect lens info when images are being loaded into the app(as long as the image has the required EXIF info)(I also checked that, all the images has the required EXIF info, like focal length and camera make etc.). But it seems that this auto detect process is sometimes failed(unstable).
Does anyone know the reason for that?
I am very appreciated for any kinds of help!

T. Modes

Jul 18, 2017, 1:00:11 PM7/18/17

This is not the first time that this question arises. So I added this to the FAQ: read further here
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#After_adding_an_image_the_focal_length_is_another_value_than_the_EXIF_value

(If somebody else has better formulation, we can improve it.)