Installation problem

Adrian Bullers

Sep 18, 2017, 11:58:29 AM9/18/17
I can't seem to set up Hugin - start the installation and keep getting the message "Installation directory must be on local hard drive" I'm running windows 8 - have also tried on another computer running windows 7 - both 64 bit how do I overcome this? thanks in advance

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Sep 18, 2017, 7:26:07 PM9/18/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried installing on your local disk?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

Dieter

Sep 19, 2017, 12:53:01 PM9/19/17

Am Montag, 18. September 2017 17:58:29 UTC+2 schrieb Adrian Bullers:
I can't seem to set up Hugin - start the installation and keep getting the message "Installation directory must be on local hard drive" I'm running windows 8 - have also tried on another computer running windows 7 - both 64 bit how do I overcome this? thanks in advance

It works on windows 7 64bit

Open windows Exlporer
1. Locate the Hugin-2017.0-win64.msi installer file that you downloaded.
2. While holding down the Shift key on the keyboard, right-click on the Hugin-2017.0-win64 .msi, then choose Copy As Path.
3. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
4. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. This should open a command prompt window, labeled "Administrator:".
5. In the Command Prompt window, type msiexec /i
6. Right-click in the Command Prompt window, then choose Paste. This should paste the path to the MSI file that you copied in Step 2 above.
7.Press Enter to run the command. Or the direct way

Force the installer to run with administrator privileges.

Cmd / right click “execute As Administrator“
or Cmd /Ctrl +Shift Enter

in Cmd Box type:
Msiexec /i C:\Users\“Name“\Downloads\Hugin-2017.0-win32.msi
Press enter

Dieter