Cannot change projection in Hugin 2016.2 on OSX Sierra

michael poisson

Mar 22, 2017, 3:48:54 PM3/22/17
Hello

I am running Hugin [2016.2.0.be8da0221960 built by Niklas Mischkulnig] on an up to date version of Mac OSx Sierra.

All seems to run nicely except that I cannot change the projection in the projection tab of the quick preview window. The scrolling list appears but whatever I select, the projection bounces back to whatever was selected initially.

Projection can be changed in the Assembly tab of the main window so its not a showstopper, just irritating.

Any hints on where to collect further info on the problem in the 'new' log system would be welcome.

M.P.

Dr. Kurt

Mar 23, 2017, 8:06:51 AM3/23/17
I've seen this also - it appears to be caused by having the cursor focus set to one of the field of view (? Not at a computer to verify which one right now) boxes. Try clicking anywhere to "de-focus" and it should then work. I see the same behavior in both the quick preview window and the stitching tab.

michael poisson

Mar 24, 2017, 3:50:50 PM3/24/17
Thank You Doctor Kurt!

Wish I had spotted it myself as it s pretty obvious once known.
Not too sure if its worth a bug report?

Kurt Hillig

Mar 25, 2017, 11:23:15 AM3/25/17
Unless this happens with other OSs - Linux, Windows - it's probably not worth posting a bug report; I don't think there are any active developers for OSX, just a dedicated individual who's taken the effort to build the OSX version from the source.

T. Modes

Mar 26, 2017, 5:08:01 AM3/26/17

Am Samstag, 25. März 2017 16:23:15 UTC+1 schrieb Kurt Hillig:
Unless this happens with other OSs - Linux, Windows - it's probably not worth posting a bug report;

It is already in the bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/1383226
But I think it is a problem in the underlying wxWidgets library. So I see currently no way to change this behavior.

Niklas Mischkulnig

Mar 31, 2017, 3:08:07 PM3/31/17
We fixed it, will be in the next version.