frustrating crashes - can't fix it

Bryon Wells

Aug 25, 2015, 3:23:46 AM8/25/15
Hi, I can tell this group isn't mainly geared towards tech support so I'm not expecting complete hand-holding, but can anyone at least point me in the right direction?

I haven't used Hugin for a couple years. So I downloaded 2015.0.0, loaded some images, and right after the alignment completed, it crashed. Tried again, same thing. Here's the error info from windows:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: hugin.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 55c5d99b
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_ecbf
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp: 521eaf24
  Exception Code: c0000374
  Exception Offset: 00000000000c4102
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: ecbf
  Additional Information 2: ecbf193ff323ae013a36c5ff8263d8a0
  Additional Information 3: e776
  Additional Information 4: e77620f284c4d5066d221a473eb41903

I can tell that the alignment was completed successfully, because I can see my panorama in the preview window below the error.

I've already tried:
- Roll back to 2014 version. Same error. Re-installed version 2015 after testing that.
- Run with no other programs in the background and over 2GB of free memory
- Use pics from a differnet camera. Same error.
- Use fewer pictures (just 2 at a time instead of a bunch) same error.
- Use pictures from a different camera. Same error.

What should I try next? THANKS!

Bryon Wells

Sep 23, 2015, 9:55:35 PM9/23/15
OP here. Just to close out this thread, and help anyone who finds this through google in the future: the problem was an older computer with openGL 2.1 graphics drivers. The latest version is now openGL 4. If you re having a similar problem, try to download new drivers from your graphics card manufacturer!