Hugin 2017.0 rc1 released

T. Modes

Jun 2, 2017, 10:55:27 AM6/2/17
Hi all,

today we are releasing release candidate 1 of Hugin 2017.0.

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/hugin-2017.0rc1.tar.bz2/download
or at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/hugin/2017.0/2017.0rc1/+download/hugin-2017.0rc1.tar.bz2

Verify its checksums:
md5:6738c7d9e633aaafba1c142263b6004f  hugin-2017.0rc1.tar.bz2
sha1: a1116b1796f251c9d74f8922a80411c20862b127  hugin-2017.0rc1.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

(The beta 1 correspond to changeset 6994ba52e7bb in our repository, which is also tagged as 2017.0 rc1).

Changes since 2017.0 beta 1
* Updated translations.
* Provide workaround for Wayland systems. It needs to be activated at compile time.
* Fixes crash with user defined sequences in menu.
* Don't show warning about unlinked images when loading lens settings for lens with only one image.
* Also accept cmd+A as select all in photo and optimizer tab (Mac only)

Changes since 2016.2.0
The version 2017.0 is mainly a bug fix release. The biggest fixes regard:
* Several fixes for working with HDR images (display in GUI, photometric optimizer, handling of under/over exposured pixels in merging code).
* Fixes handling of masks in cpfind when images needs remapping for cp finding.
* Sometimes unsaved changes were disregarded without asking the user (e.g. when loading a project via the recently used projects list). Unsaved changes should now always require user confirmation.

Besides the bug fixes some smaller improvements have been implemented.
* Optimizer tabs uses now checkboxes instead of bold underlined font for marking of variables to be optimized.
* Use wxWidgets help windows instead of default browser (Linux&Mac only, this provides table of content, index and full text search in help files).
* Added special assistant variant for single image projects.
* Display of final panorama dimensions on stitcher tab.
* Extended the user defined output sequences:
   ** The shipped user defined output sequences are exposed in the GUI as own sub-menu.
   ** Added some more user defined output sequences (layered TIFF, cube faces).
   ** Added new placeholder %sourceimage% to user defined output sequence.

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

A first draft of release notes can be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2017.0.0/en.shtml

Know issues
Hugin does not run native on Wayland because of a bug in the underlying wxWidgets library.
The source code contains a workaround which forces the usage of the XWayland emulation layer.
This workaround has be activated during compiling (add -DUSE_GDKBACKEND_X11=on the the CMake command)

T. Modes

Jun 2, 2017, 10:57:40 AM6/2/17

Am Freitag, 2. Juni 2017 16:55:27 UTC+2 schrieb T. Modes:
today we are releasing release candidate 1 of Hugin 2017.0.

Binaries for Windows can be found at sourceforge:
for 64 bit Windows: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/Hugin-2017.0rc1-win64.msi/download
MD5 checksum 7b7528629caf2c3e981feb69cc69859c
for 32 bit Windows: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/Hugin-2017.0rc1-win32.msi/download
MD5 checksum 387f511c2a13d404d52d6d1e7fba1ecc

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jun 3, 2017, 3:12:43 PM6/3/17
The Mac binaries can be found on sourceforge as well:

sha1: b6815b3b5ca459e321040df25afbc6959a1417cb

Stefan Peter

Jun 4, 2017, 11:40:03 AM6/4/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas
Hi All

On 02.06.2017 16:55, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hi all,
>
> today we are releasing release candidate 1 of Hugin 2017.0.

Thank you very much for this new release.

Binary packages for Ubuntu trusty, vivid, xenial, yakkety and zesty are
available from the Hugin PPA Packagers "next Hugin builds" repository at
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/next

Please test these packages and send error report, success stories and
praises to this mailing list (hugi...@googlegroups.com).

Enjoy!

With kind regards
Stefan Peter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Bruno Postle

Jun 5, 2017, 5:01:50 AM6/5/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
There are fedora packages here for this rc1 release:
http://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/

These packages have been built with the Wayland workaround as described below.

This is an important note for other packagers: various bugs in current versions of wxwidgets mean that a vanilla Hugin build won't run on Linux systems with a Wayland desktop. If your packages are potentially used with Wayland, you must enable the build time option described below. At some point in the future wxwidgets will get fixed and then this advice can be ignored.

On 2 June 2017 15:55:27 BST, Thomas Modes wrote:

>today we are releasing release candidate 1 of Hugin 2017.0.

>A first draft of release notes can be found at
>http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2017.0.0/en.shtml

>Know issues
>Hugin does not run native on Wayland because of a bug in the underlying
>wxWidgets library.
>The source code contains a workaround which forces the usage of the
>XWayland emulation layer.
>This workaround has be activated during compiling (add
>-DUSE_GDKBACKEND_X11=on the the CMake command)

--
Bruno

Abrimaal

Jun 9, 2017, 4:09:07 PM6/9/17
Windows 64bit:
I installed the 2017.0.rc1 version in a different folder than the stable version 2016.x. The installer removed the stable version what should not happen, but it did not remove older (2014 and 2015) versions installed in different folders. The 2014.0.0.5 version is a "special" release that detects horizontal lines instead of vertical and I use it sometimes. Fortunately it was not removed by the installer.

This message is displayed when Hugin finds unconnected images.

[code]The assistant could not find vertical lines. Please add vertical lines in the panorama editor and optimize the project manually.[/code]

Normally there was a message "Hugin found unconnected images...."
vlines-2017-00.png

T. Modes

Jun 10, 2017, 6:17:17 AM6/10/17

Am Freitag, 9. Juni 2017 22:09:07 UTC+2 schrieb Abrimaal:
Windows 64bit:
I installed the 2017.0.rc1 version in a different folder than the stable version 2016.x. The installer removed the stable version what should not happen, but it did not remove older (2014 and 2015) versions installed in different folders.
In 2016 the installer was changed. The new installer has no knowledge about the older versions installed with other installer.

This message is displayed when Hugin finds unconnected images.
<snip>

Fixed in repository.

Carl von Einem

Jun 11, 2017, 11:36:29 AM6/11/17
to hugin-ptx group
Hi Niklas,

sorry for not responding earlier, I just had the time today to download rc1.

It is built for OS X 10.12 only, can you please also provide a "universial" build for older OS X versions?

Thanks!
Carl

Am 03.06.17 um 21:12 schrieb Niklas Mischkulnig
> --
>
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
>
> ---

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/7a453d82-3366-4b53-923c-c8ec9cb4a784%40googlegroups.com.

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jun 12, 2017, 12:40:45 PM6/12/17
Hi Carl,

It is built for OS X 10.12 only, can you please also provide a "universial" build for older OS X versions?

This happens way too often, 10.9+ should be supported. I habe now written a test to make sure this won't happen again.

Thank you for reporting this,

Niklas

Carl von Einem

Jun 13, 2017, 6:16:00 AM6/13/17
to hugin-ptx group
Hi Niklas,

thanks for building all these OS X versions. Now it works again on my Mac.

Carl

Am 12.06.17 um 18:40 schrieb Niklas Mischkulnig