Hugin 2018.0 released

T. Modes

Feb 3, 2018, 3:34:16 AM2/3/18
Hi all,

today we are releasing Hugin 2018.0.

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2018.0/hugin-2018.0.tar.bz2/download
or at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/hugin/2018.0/2018.0/+download/hugin-2018.0.tar.bz2

Verify its checksums:
md5:
91cb2c31409c9ef02fc86e17ec2fa068  hugin-2018.0.tar.bz2
sha1:
bf62cc597015f8fcbddb52590fe3f8eac497449f  hugin-2018.0.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms.
Currently versions for Windows and Mac OS are available:
For Windows 64 bit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2018.0/Hugin-2018.0-win64.msi/download
(MD5 checksum bef26239f194bd2225e7e0865bbfe47b)
For Mac OS (10.9 and newer): https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2018.0/Hugin-2018.0.0.dmg/download
(MD5 checksum
39bd591ea855977e3821fd555a0b07d7)

Thanks to all builders.

(This release is identical to release candidate 2. The release corresponds to changeset 5abfb4de7961 in our repository, which is also tagged as 2018.0).

Changes since 2017.0

The version 2018.0 is mainly a bug fix release and introduce some minor new features.
* Several improvements for optimizer tabs:
   **mark deselected images
   ** allow changing optimizer variables for all selected images at once
   ** option to ignore line cp
* hugin_stacker: New tool to stack overlapping images with several averaging modes (e.g. mean, median).
* Hugin: Added option to disable auto-rotation of images in control point and mask editor.
* Nona, verdandi and hugin_stacker can now write BigTIFF images (for files >4 GB). The output of BigTIFF has to manually activated on the command line. It is not set automatically. (For a complete panorama in BigTIFF you will probably also need enblend/enfuse from repository. The last released version of enblend does not yet support writing BigTIFF files.)
* Added expression parser to GUI: This allows to manipulate several image variables at once. (This is the same as running pto_var --set from the command line.) This can be used e.g. to prealign the images in a given setup and then run cpfind --prealigned to search control points only in overlapping images.
* Add user-defined assistant and expose it in the GUI. It allows to set up different assistant strategies without the need to recompiling. Provide also some examples (scanned images, multi-row panoramas with orphaned images, single-shot panorama cameras).

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

The release notes can be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2018.0.0/en.shtml

Know issue

Hugin does not run native on Wayland because of a bug in the underlying wxWidgets library.

The source code contains a workaround which forces the usage of the XWayland emulation layer. This workaround has be activated during compiling by adding -DUSE_GDKBACKEND_X11=on to the CMake command line.

T. Modes

Feb 3, 2018, 10:08:14 AM2/3/18

In the Windows version the version number in the about screen showed the pre-release prefix. This seems to confuse a few people. I uploaded a new version, which fixes this.
The download link is the same

Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018 09:34:16 UTC+1 schrieb T. Modes:
 But the MD5 checksum is now 853c87bbfbf2650957b936bc0101fe68

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Feb 3, 2018, 5:31:05 PM2/3/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 0:34:15 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today we are releasing Hugin 2018.0.
>
> Source tarball can be downloaded
> at sourceforge:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2018.0/hugin-2018.0.tar.bz2/download
> or at launchpad:
> https://launchpad.net/hugin/2018.0/2018.0/+download/hugin-2018.0.tar.bz2

This breaks POLA. The tarball for 2017.0 was called
hugin-2017.0.0.tar.bz2. Does the project intend to truncate the name
from now on, or was this an oversight?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

T. Modes

Feb 4, 2018, 2:58:20 AM2/4/18

Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018 23:31:05 UTC+1 schrieb Groogle:
The tarball for 2017.0 was called
hugin-2017.0.0.tar.bz2.  Does the project intend to truncate the name
from now on, or was this an oversight?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Feb 5, 2018, 2:34:33 AM2/5/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 23:58:20 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018 23:31:05 UTC+1 schrieb Groogle:
>>
>> The tarball for 2017.0 was called hugin-2017.0.0.tar.bz2. Does the
>> project intend to truncate the name from now on, or was this an
>> oversight?
>
> This was an oversight. Renamed/uploaded the files again.

OK, done, tested, committed to the FreeBSD repo:
/usr/ports/graphics/hugin. The package will take a day or two.
signature.asc

Mikko Kuutti

Mar 8, 2018, 3:21:48 AM3/8/18

there’s a strange behaviour in the new version on OS X. When starting the stitch, I'm pesented with a dialogue:

Specify project source project file

This does not happen with previous versions.

Also, I still need to unquarantine hugin for any stitching to work with xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine ./Hugin.app.

Mikko