Problem with EV setting in Preview panel

Donald Johnston

Aug 21, 2015, 10:48:46 PM8/21/15
to Hugin Pano
Hi I’m running Hugin "2014.0.0 built by Matthieu DESILE” on my MacBook Pro “Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46)”.

In the Preview panel of the “Fast Panorama preview” if I set the EV using the keyboard it doesn’t seem to apply. After running the Create Panorama the EV value gets set back to what it originally was.
If I use the up/down arrows to change the EV and run Create Panorama then the EV value is used.

Also … while clicking on the up/down arrows the Preview image doesn’t change. I have to uncheck the Photometrics box and then recheck it to see any change.
I find that the best way to use the EV value is to uncheck the Photometrics, click to change the EV value to adjust the problems in one part of the image, and then recheck Photometrics.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Should this be reported as a bug?

Donald Johnston

Aug 24, 2015, 7:47:59 PM8/24/15
to Hugin Pano
Can someone that’s running Hugin on Windows give this a try and see if it’s a common problem or limited just to the Mac version.
If just the Mac I’ll enter this as a bug.
Thanks.
> --
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---

J. Schneider

Aug 25, 2015, 3:09:45 AM8/25/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I just tried on Win 7 SP1 64bit bith hugin 2015.0.0 and could partially
reproduce the problem:

- Opened an existing project and changed EV in preview window by
keyboard: preview did not change
- clicked an arrow and the value in the text box did not change by 1/3EV
from the previously entered
value but by 1/3EV from the original value (the value before I
entered one by hand), this time preview did change.
- Ctrl-Z to revert and saved project in a new file (for not to mess it up)
- again changed EV by keyboard: preview did change now
- stitched and result was like preview

So it seems to depend on the circumstances.
Best regards
Joachim

Donald Johnston

Aug 27, 2015, 11:15:53 PM8/27/15
to Hugin Pano
Okay, a bit more experimentation and it appears to be related to how you “enter” the value from the keyboard.

1. If you key in the value to EV and “tab” out of the field the value DOSEN'T take effect (even though the entered value still shows in the field; clicking on the little up/down arrow to the right changes the value + or - 1/3 from the original setting).

2. If you key in the value to EV and use the “enter/return” key the value DOES take effect (and the cursor stays in the field - you can safely tab out at this point; clicking on the little up/down arrow to the right changes the value + or - 1/3 from the new entered setting).

Joachim, thanks for trying it out; can you try this tab/enter on your setup to see if it gives you the same behaviour?