Hugin's use of GPU on Mac OS X

George R

Jul 31, 2015, 8:13:42 PM7/31/15
I remember a discussion sometime ago about Hugin not being able to make use of the GPU under Mac OS X.

Can anyone tell me whether Hugin now makes use of the GPU under Mac OS X?  Does it matter which graphics card the Mac has?

I ask because I am about to replace the graphics card on my Mac and have a choice between an AMD Radeon 6870 and an AMD Radeon 5770.

If anyone can provide any insight on whether Hugin will be able to take advantage of either of those it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

George

Donald Johnston

Aug 1, 2015, 11:50:52 PM8/1/15
to Hugin Pano
I’ve seen my macbook pro hit the high 700s when I’ve been running Hugin (nona and enfuse I think). So I’m guessing it’s using the GPUs.
enblend I just saw go to 328% CPU usage.
Can’t help you with the graphics card question.

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---