enfuse/enblend discussions?

paul womack

Feb 8, 2017, 4:29:04 AM2/8/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Is this the right list for enfuse/enblend questions?

And (if not) can someone point me at the right list/forum please?

BugBear

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Feb 8, 2017, 5:24:26 PM2/8/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 9:28:53 +0000, paul womack wrote:
> Is this the right list for enfuse/enblend questions?

Until proof of the contrary, yes. Fire away.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

bugbear

Feb 9, 2017, 12:18:37 PM2/9/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 9:28:53 +0000, paul womack wrote:
>> Is this the right list for enfuse/enblend questions?
>
> Until proof of the contrary, yes. Fire away.

Well, I was a little worried by this:

http://www.stackrail.info/index.php/webshop/product/189-snapfuse-image-fusion-software

SnapFuse Image Fusion Software

The capabilities sound ... familiar,
it's on sale at $52.00, and I don't see any reference
to source.

http://www.mjkzz.com/product-page/snapfuse-image-fusion-software

BugBear

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Feb 9, 2017, 5:02:41 PM2/9/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
There's not much information there. What makes you think it could be
a ripoff of enfuse/enblend?
signature.asc

bugbear

Feb 13, 2017, 4:14:27 AM2/13/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 17:18:10 +0000, bugbear wrote:
>> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>>>
>>> Until proof of the contrary, yes. Fire away.
>>
>> Well, I was a little worried by this:
>>
>> http://www.stackrail.info/index.php/webshop/product/189-snapfuse-image-fusion-software
>>
>> SnapFuse Image Fusion Software
>>
>> The capabilities sound ... familiar,
>> it's on sale at $52.00, and I don't see any reference
>> to source.
>>
>> http://www.mjkzz.com/product-page/snapfuse-image-fusion-software
>
> There's not much information there. What makes you think it could be
> a ripoff of enfuse/enblend?

I didn't see him asking any questions (on any forum) about developing such software,
algorithms etc. Snapfuse suddenly appeared, fully formed.

It also does both HDR and Focus stacking.

BugBear

Monkey

Feb 13, 2017, 5:52:32 PM2/13/17
I don't think I asked any questions before releasing multiblend, more-or-less fully formed (in fact I had previously developed some more complex GUI software for image blending, but never released it). The ideas behind enblend/enfuse aren't protected; the enblend documentation itself goes beyond simple usage and is most helpful in explaining how it works. Nor was enblend the first to implement these ideas.

HDR and focus stacking are fairly obvious extensions of the basic enblend idea (they don't gel well with the mask compression used in multiblend, otherwise I would have added them more-or-less "for free").