How to get the Interface Simple ?

joel.bgn

Jan 21, 2018, 1:59:51 PM1/21/18
Hello,

I have not any more the "Interface simple". The only choice is between Advanced or Expert. Simple is grey, not accessible.
This fault appear suddenly. Before, it was working well.
I uninstalled Hugin, then reinstalled it (today, 2017 01 21), but that did not fixed the fault.
When trying Advanced interface, I get very small panos.

Thank you for your help.
Joel

Gunter Königsmann

Jan 22, 2018, 12:48:18 AM1/22/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Are you working on Linux, Mac Os or msw?

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

panostar

Jan 22, 2018, 3:16:39 AM1/22/18

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 6:59:51 PM UTC, joel.bgn wrote:

When trying Advanced interface, I get very small panos.

 On the Stitcher tab you are free to set whatever size you like, or use the buttons to let Hugin suggest appropriate values.

John

joel.bgn

Jan 22, 2018, 5:05:22 AM1/22/18
I am using Windows 7 and Hugin 2017.0.0.eac5e8cc546e built by Thomas
See attached file : capture of menu Interface showing "simple" is not reachable.
Thank you.
Interface simple.jpg

T. Modes

Jan 22, 2018, 11:34:37 AM1/22/18

Am Montag, 22. Januar 2018 11:05:22 UTC+1 schrieb joel.bgn:
I am using Windows 7 and Hugin 2017.0.0.eac5e8cc546e built by Thomas
See attached file : capture of menu Interface showing "simple" is not reachable.

joel.bgn

Jan 22, 2018, 11:59:56 AM1/22/18
It works.  Thank you very much.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 22, 2018, 5:08:19 PM1/22/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I suppose you mean:

There are two possible causes for this.
Cause 2: you have disabled the fast preview window during the
last run of Hugin

This seems to violate POLA. Wouldn't it be possible to allow
selection and automatically reenable the Fast Preview window?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

T. Modes

Jan 23, 2018, 10:42:58 AM1/23/18

Am Montag, 22. Januar 2018 23:08:19 UTC+1 schrieb Groogle:
> Read the FAQ:
> https://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#Simple_user_interface_can_not_selected

I suppose you mean:

  There are two possible causes for this.
     Cause 2: you have disabled the fast preview window during the
     last run of Hugin

This seems to violate POLA.  Wouldn't it be possible to allow
selection and automatically reenable the Fast Preview window?

Sorry, but there are already enough options. And the default is to disable only for current instance.(Did you try it before posting?)
To achieve the above-mentioned behavior you need to confirm 2 (in words two) settings: "yes, I want to disable the preview" and "don't ask me again".
But it seems some people don't read such dialog boxes, they click away only on the buttons and boxes.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 23, 2018, 4:39:43 PM1/23/18
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 7:42:58 -0800, T. Modes wrote:

> Am Montag, 22. Januar 2018 23:08:19 UTC+1 schrieb Groogle:
>>
>>> Read the FAQ:
>>>
>> https://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#Simple_user_interface_can_not_selected
>>
>> I suppose you mean:
>>
>> There are two possible causes for this.
>> Cause 2: you have disabled the fast preview window during the
>> last run of Hugin
>>
>> This seems to violate POLA. Wouldn't it be possible to allow
>> selection and automatically reenable the Fast Preview window?
>
> Sorry, but there are already enough options.

That's debatable, but I'm not talking about options. If somebody
wants the "simple" option, and the fast preview window is disabled,
then enable it.

> And the default is to disable only for current instance.(Did you try
> it before posting?)

No, because I don't use the option, and it's not relevant. This claim
also seems to contradict the explanation above.

> To achieve the above-mentioned behavior you need to confirm 2 (in
> words two) settings: "yes, I want to disable the preview" and "don't
> ask me again".

No, as a user you need to do nothing.

Try to put yourself in the position of a beginner who doesn't
understand this stuff.
signature.asc