here are the images I stitched together and can see the seams of.

Michael Havens

Aug 7, 2016, 11:32:37 AM8/7/16

panostar

Aug 10, 2016, 3:31:44 AM8/10/16
On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 4:32:37 PM UTC+1, Michael Havens wrote:

It's not surprising that you can see the seams: there is a very serious parallax issue in your shots.  See this animated gif that illustrates the problem: https://www.sendspace.com/file/231rdz .  You need to maintain a constant viewpoint for all the shots, which means rotating the camera about the entrance pupil of the lens (the no-parallax point).  See: http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm .

John

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Aug 10, 2016, 4:03:19 AM8/10/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 at 0:31:44 -0700, panostar wrote:
> On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 4:32:37 PM UTC+1, Michael Havens wrote:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2xvsVTZy4y1T0NsMkdOdGo2TWs
>
> It's not surprising that you can see the seams: there is a very
> serious parallax issue in your shots.

I think you're about the fourth person to point this out, but I
haven't seen any response that makes it clear that Michael appreciates
the issue.

Michael, have you followed the advice on parallax that many of us have
given?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger gr...@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.

dgjohnston

Aug 10, 2016, 9:51:26 AM8/10/16
to Hugin Pano
Another thing to look into to help with parallax error. A string and a weight shouldn't cost too much.

Don

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 4:32:37 PM UTC+1, Michael Havens wrote:

It's not surprising that you can see the seams: there is a very serious parallax issue in your shots.  See this animated gif that illustrates the problem: https://www.sendspace.com/file/231rdz .  You need to maintain a constant viewpoint for all the shots, which means rotating the camera about the entrance pupil of the lens (the no-parallax point).  See: http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm .

John

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---