Hue Base Station not found on local network (Airport Express as DHCP router + Hue + Bloom)

Kevin Siwoff

Jun 17, 2014, 4:16:57 PM6/17/14
to hue-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to connect to my Hue Base Station over a local network (no internet), using the Apple Airport Express as a DHCP router, but despite the ethernet connection, it doesn't look like the AE is assigning Hue an IP.  Has anyone else tried hacking Hue to work on an ad hoc local network (not standard home internet)?  If so, are there any best practices?  I'm trying to build a simple application to change my Bloom lights in the office but don't want it on the corporate network.  Thanks for any help in advance!