Hosted Hub API documentation

Kim Burgestrand

Nov 9, 2012, 12:52:25 PM11/9/12
to hue-h...@googlegroups.com
I’ve created a new repository, specifically for hosting the Hue HTTP API documentation, at https://github.com/Burgestrand/hue-api. Contributing to the documentation is as easy as forking the repository, and sending me a patch (preferably via pull requests). Everybody whose patch / pull request is accepted is given commit access, so you can document anything at your own leisure.

The API documentation is hosted at burgestrand.github.com/hue-api/ but it redirects to burgestrand.se/hue-api/. I’ve sent a support request to GitHub to see if I can get that redirect sorted out, so it stays on github.com.

I’ll be moving the existing documentation into proper groups, and once that is done I’ll work on mapping out the remaining of the API that does not exist now that I can easily sniff the traffic going to the Hub. I’ll be out of town for the weekend, so I suppose I’ll see how far I get before that.

Contributions, questions, discussions related to the Hue API is very welcome!

— Kim

Kim Burgestrand

Nov 13, 2012, 6:17:02 PM11/13/12
to hue-h...@googlegroups.com
Finally managed to extract the remaining content from the old README.md into proper groupings, so it’s all up on burgestrand.github.com/hue-api/ now.

I’ll work on moving my personal website (burgestrand.se) away to another repository, so that I may have the github.com domain instead of my personal one.

Now the work begins on mapping out the rest of the bridge API. Managed to configure it into a bad state already once today. Will be fun.