Detecting unpowered/offline/unreachable lights?

Tom Robinson

Jul 28, 2013, 8:36:58 PM7/28/13
to hue-h...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping there was a way to detect if a bulb isn't physically powered, e.x. if it's connected to light switch that can be turned off.

My idea was to use my existing light switches and a little server that monitors the state of the bulbs connected to the switches as a simply way to control Hue with the existing switches.

e.x. if I flip the switch off/on once it turns all the lights in a room on, or if I switch it off it turns the rest of the lights off (or maybe double toggle it, so I can later turn it back on not using the switch). Or you could script it to do whatever behavior you desire.

Is this possible?

Thanks.