Attendance

Orgus

Jul 23, 2014, 12:25:27 AM7/23/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Who's going to the 'space, tonight?

Paul Eric Lagace

Jul 23, 2014, 8:22:14 AM7/23/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Summer is a wash out for me boyos

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 23, 2014, at 1:25 AM, Orgus <lori...@aim.com> wrote:

Who's going to the 'space, tonight?

Marc Boudreau

Jul 23, 2014, 8:48:25 AM7/23/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Just found your group.
I have been working on MAKER projects for almost a year.  In constant struggle of not having the right parts, tools, etc.
I'm still at the very beginner stage, working on my first robot but looks like this group could accelerate my learning process.
I'm on vacation out of town, otherwise, I would go at meeting.
What is membership details, (cost, benefits, volunteer opportunities, etc.)
Let me know.

Nick Brake

Jul 23, 2014, 10:20:58 AM7/23/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Haha, yeah, summer is what it is! I'll be there for a little bit tonight, I missed one Wednesday a few weeks ago but I do try to be there every week. Technically we meet Wednesdays from 6:00-8pm, 2nd floor Moncton Public Library, but people show up whenever and stay as long as they want, until the library closes.

Right now we're working with the Library to build a Makerspace, still waiting for some furniture, etc, etc. But by the end of the summer things should be moving right along.

For now we meet upstairs next to the games room overlooking the atrium.

There is a good amount of electronics "stuff" but it's not yet organized. That's my task tonight. Unless I melt before then.... 30C sucks! lol  We can't do any soldering or anything involving chemicals at the library but that's ok. If you need help with specific stuff it's possible to make arrangements to use other equipment outside the library as needed.

Drop by some Wednesday evening when you can and we'll see how we can help you out!

Cost is 0$ we meet at the library and everything to date is donated or provided by the Moncton Public Library. (They are very cool and I can't wait for the Makerspace to be 100% setup)

Cheers, hope to see you there next week!

Nick.

Nick Brake

Jul 23, 2014, 5:08:01 PM7/23/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com

And I'm running way behind... Hope to be there soon-ish.

Nick

Marc Boudreau

Jul 26, 2014, 9:43:03 AM7/26/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com

I work at Université de Moncton in IT. We regurlarly have surplus computers. (Pentium IV, Core2 duo), Ubuntu (we are not licenced to dispose with Windows)LCD screens (17inch). Laptops are rare however.
Can try to get them free since HCL is non profit.
No promises.
Is there a need?
How many?
Let me know and I can look into it.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "hubcityhack" group.

Orgus

Jul 30, 2014, 3:35:33 PM7/30/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Who's coming tonight?

polerix

Jul 30, 2014, 3:43:22 PM7/30/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
I'm at the Merceredi show. I'll be there in my mind.

Paul Eric Lagace
506-227-8941

Greetings and salutation fellow human being, of course a human being I am as well. Ha! Ha! Ha! Human humor.

Marc Boudreau

Jul 30, 2014, 5:04:57 PM7/30/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com

I'm here reading newspaper...

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "hubcityhack" group.

Nick Brake

Jul 30, 2014, 5:10:27 PM7/30/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com

Just got here, don't see anyone else but it's still early.

I'm in the corner by the atrium on the second floor near the game room. Where the makerspace (will) reside.

Cheers,
Nick

Orgus

Aug 13, 2014, 3:23:52 PM8/13/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Who'll be in, tonight?

Orgus

Sep 3, 2014, 12:14:16 PM9/3/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Who's planning on coming tonight?

polerix

Sep 3, 2014, 12:33:15 PM9/3/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
OMG it's September already?

Orgus

Sep 3, 2014, 12:38:06 PM9/3/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Yep, better believe it. The weather's still summery, though.

Orgus

Sep 10, 2014, 11:51:16 AM9/10/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Who's coming tonight?

polerix

Sep 10, 2014, 12:48:03 PM9/10/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
anybody want to make one of these?

Orgus

Sep 24, 2014, 10:53:08 AM9/24/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
I don't think I'll be coming today because of a recent falling out with Nick.

Nick Brake

Sep 24, 2014, 11:13:44 AM9/24/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Ain't nothin there brother. No point in living in the past when we should be looking to the future.

:)

Nick.

Orgus

Sep 24, 2014, 12:06:15 PM9/24/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
That would depend on the future being any good.

Orgus

Oct 8, 2014, 4:51:15 PM10/8/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
I don't think I'll be coming in tonight.

Nick Brake

Oct 8, 2014, 10:45:56 PM10/8/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Mike printed up a new feeder gear and we worked on the 3D printer a bit, progress on the hot end, the computer power supply used is having issues, likely bad caps. Still need to shore up the Z axis stepper to screw clamps and fully re-assemble the hot end... Bit by bit, when we can, progress is being made. :) Even when it's not printing, it's still fun to work on. Having the bluetooth on it is nice, being able to fiddle with the printer from a phone is handy!

See you next week :)

Michel Landry

Oct 9, 2014, 12:46:05 PM10/9/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
You've seen how tight that thing was.  Should I print the two plastic pieces that are holding the axis and have been slipping off?  Things to think about for next time.

Desmaad

Nov 12, 2014, 6:15:38 PM11/12/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
I'm in. Sadly, no-one else is.