Hackerspace meetings Promo at the Library

MonctonLibrary

Oct 28, 2014, 11:04:41 AM10/28/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
as we continue to develop the Makerspace at the library, you now officially have a space, tables and chairs at least, where HCL can now meet. (I will have it set up for you for this Wednesday, if I am not around, someone at the desk can point you in the right direction) In an effort to get a regular group coming, I am going to start promoting the fact that HCL is meeting at the library every wednesday at 6 pm (was that right?). I'll use that poster template that I showed you some time ago.  So expect, hopefully, to start seeing some new faces. You have access to the storage left-side storage cabinet for your ongoing projects. Feel free to use one of the rolling carts next to the cabinet to move things around.

I'd like to also plan a workshop delivered by HCL. I'd like it to be an intro to circuiting, or something along those lines. Or I am also open to suggestions. It can be a simple project. I know Nick has something prepared, perhaps we can try that one again.

Also, the 3D printer is here. If I'm not sounding more excited it's because we are already having problems with it. I've opened a support case with Makerbot so we will see what they say. The launch was planned for end of November, but I will keep you posted.

talk to you soon,

Desmaad

Oct 28, 2014, 7:47:10 PM10/28/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Sound good. I was worried the group might be dead in the water. This might be our chance to give it a needed boost. Also, we should try to highlight the fact that we are open to diversity, 'cause we're still lacking in that department.
Message has been deleted

MonctonLibrary

Nov 5, 2014, 6:40:12 PM11/5/14
to hubci...@googlegroups.com
Someone came by today at about 7:30 and asked what was up. I said try again next week.

So there is some interest. We just need to get some projects rolling, figure out what other equipment needs to be acquired, and plan a workshop.

Andrew