trouble sending API response as AJAX response

Joel Williams

May 8, 2017, 11:05:16 AM5/8/17
to HTTParty Gem
Hey all,

I haven't worked much with HTTParty or similar gems, so I'm hoping this is a fairly basic problem I'm running into.

I'm (currently) constructing the API request in the controller as a test run - things seem to be going fine, and I can p the info into the terminal with no problem, getting the info expected, etc.

The problem arises when I try to send it over to JS to actually plug any info into the view - on the JS side the response is a render of the page I'm using as a post-dummy to call to the API.

A few specs to better explain:
- Rails backend
- home page has a form that posts to '/forecasts' - this form submission is caught and the controller is where I use HTTParty to call to API
- '/forecast' is then rendered as per get request, and this seems to be passing over to JS instead of the wanted API response

Any advice appreciated