what does -1 mean when bodySize set to? why it's not available? what does "not" available mean?

Lucas Luo

Apr 21, 2017, 6:28:14 AM4/21/17
to HTTP Archive Specification

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the bother.

I’ve read the spec of har from the website, http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/har-12-spec/.

One field of that json format confused me.

It’s the “bodySize” filed in Request or Response.

The spec said: bodySize is the size of the request/response body (POST data payload) in bytes. Set to -1 if the info is not available.

What does -1 mean? Can anyone please help elaborate it?

Because I’ve wrote a devtools extension to monitor our h5 page performance and, one page loads a lot of pngs with bodySize -1.

We did load the picturess, loaded the content, but why still -1 for the bodySize field in har?

 Please look at the Network area in devtools, there are many pictures, but har get the bodySize -1.

Best Regards,

Lucas Luo