"number value found, but a integer is required" for every timing

John L Magee

Dec 11, 2013, 9:51:41 AM12/11/13
to http-archive-...@googlegroups.com

see attached file created from Chrome dev tool. any advice appreciated
log.entries[0].time
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[0].timings.blocked
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[0].timings.send
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[0].timings.wait
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[0].timings.receive
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[10].time
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[10].timings.blocked
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[10].timings.send
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[10].timings.wait
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[10].timings.receive
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[11].time
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[11].timings.dns
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[11].timings.connect
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[11].timings.blocked
 number value found, but a integer is required
log.entries[11].timings.send
 number value found, but a integer is required

ccprodtest.har

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 11, 2013, 11:28:40 AM12/11/13
to http-archive-...@googlegroups.com
This is because the HAR Viewer:
http://www.softwareishard.com/har/viewer/

...expects an integer for the listed fields, while the HAR file is using floating numbers.

You can uncheck the "Validate Data before processing" checkbox on the "Home" tab to see your data.

Honza

John L Magee

Dec 11, 2013, 11:56:01 AM12/11/13
to http-archive-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I suspected that. This file was generated by right-clicking in the Chrome Developer tools Network pane and selecting "Copy All as HAR"  Can you suggest an alternative approach that will produce a useable HAR?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 11, 2013, 1:50:13 PM12/11/13
to http-archive-...@googlegroups.com

John L Magee

Dec 13, 2013, 7:42:21 AM12/13/13
to http-archive-...@googlegroups.com
another opinion:

    Eugene Kliuchnikov <eus...@chromium.org> Dec 11 11:29PM -0800

    In HAR 1.2 specification it is said that type is *number.*
    JSON number is "double-precision floating-point format in JavaScript".

    So, the output is correct.

    We can't truncate numbers to integers. There is "time" field, for which it
    is said:
    "Total elapsed time of the request in milliseconds. This is the sum of all
    timings available in the timings object".

    If we truncate, then either first or second statement is incorrect.

While your JSON Schema states integer both the w3.org draft, of which you were an editor,

and your specification state "number"

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HTTP Archive Specification" group.