jQuery based HAR view

Subbu Allamaraju

Jan 3, 2012, 3:13:22 PM1/3/12
to HTTP Archive Specification
Hi,

I just created a jQuery based HAR view widget.

https://github.com/s3u/har-view

This is not as feature rich as the HAR viewer at
http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/har-viewer/ as my main motivation
was to

(a) keep the widget small and embeddable in any page
(b) generate waterfall UI incrementally as requests are being made. It
has an API to add entries, requests, responses, and timings as data
for those becomes available

There is an online demo at http://s3u.github.com/har-view/ (tested in
latest versions Firefox and Chrome).

Thanks for any comments.

Subbu

David Christian

Jun 20, 2014, 4:36:53 AM6/20/14
to http-archive-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Subbu,

I am having a little trouble running your har-viewer on my site. In the read-me it mentions :

If you have a full HAR object, you can initialize the diagram in one go.

    $('#har-view').HarView();
    var har = $('#har-view').data('HarView');
    har.render(data);

I have a Full HAR object (saved in JSON format from Chrome). Are we supposed to pass the JSON value in as the "data" variable? Is there any way to have the initalizer point to directly to a har file?

Are you able to write a step by step instruction on how to use a full HAR object with the initializer above? This would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again!