Flash Player Error

Christian Foerster

Mar 19, 2010, 11:26:00 AM3/19/10
to html5...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I`ve just created a test site to test the player at
http://avidscreencast.com/html5

On HTML5-capable browsers, it works great (MP4 as well as OGG/Theora),
but the Flash player (on IE for example) generates an error message:

303: Failed to load a resource: Unable to load resources: Error #2036

I have found that removing the poster image option solves the problem
(see second video on that page), but that can hardly be a permanent
fix ;-)

Maybe it has something to to with how HTML5media passes the splash
image on to the Flowplayer?

Ideas on how to fix this, anyone?

Thanks,
Christian

--
http://www.filmeschneider.de
http://www.avidscreencast.com

Dave Hall

Mar 19, 2010, 1:25:58 PM3/19/10
to html5...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You've specified the poster attribute as:

Which is not a valid URL! If you replace it with:

It should all just work. :P

If you couldn't see the difference in the links, btw, the first has one forward slash after the http:, wheres the second has two.

Dave.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to html5media+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Dave Hall
Etianen.com

Telephone: 07525 452381
Web: http://www.etianen.com

Christian Foerster

Mar 22, 2010, 8:14:53 AM3/22/10
to html5media
Hi,

for some reason your reply didn't make it into my GMail inbox, so I've
only just read it.

First of all: Thank you.

Second: I'm stupid ;)

Again, thank you for pointing out this obvious error to me, have a
great day,
Christian