PCI parity error

faithie999

Oct 1, 2011, 10:36:05 AM10/1/11
to Hackintosh Questions - Answers
i just reformatted my GA EP45-UD3L so i can set it up for a new user.
i had been set up with kakewalk 4.0.1 and worked flawlessly, including
sleep.

the new install is with kakewalk 4.1. it installed fine, and booted
ok the first few times. now i am getting a KP just after the apple
logo gray screen appear. then that screen disappears and a black
screen saying "PCI parity error f1 to continue f2 to reboot"

however, when i boot in verbose mode, the boot proceeds normally.
yes, i could add -v boot flag, but i'd like to know why this is
happening. i have not installed any apps or docs so i can easily
reinstall kakewalk if necessary.

thanks

ken

mosslack

Oct 1, 2011, 10:51:46 AM10/1/11
to hq...@googlegroups.com
Before someone else does it, let me state the obvious. If you did an install with 4.0.1 and it was flawless, and then an install using 4.1 and there are problems, it must be the difference in the 2 installers. Could be a bug in the later installer or perhaps just a fluke. I would give it another go and see what happens. If it still does the same thing, go back to the 4.0.1 installer.  JMHO

Just a message from mosslack...
______________________________

pete...@cruzio.com

Oct 1, 2011, 11:00:55 AM10/1/11
to hq...@googlegroups.com

>> the new install is with kakewalk 4.1. it installed fine, and booted
>> ok the first few times. now i am getting a KP just after the apple
>> logo gray screen appear. then that screen disappears and a black
>> screen saying "PCI parity error f1 to continue f2 to reboot"
>>
>> however, when i boot in verbose mode, the boot proceeds normally.
>> yes, i could add -v boot flag, but i'd like to know why this is
>> happening. i have not installed any apps or docs so i can easily
>> reinstall kakewalk if necessary.

-v introduces different timing in the booting process.

On more than a few occasions, I would get a KP during a non -v boot, but a
-v boot would not KP.

Server Lion introduces a Log function which can be very useful in
identifying where things are going wrong (or are going right).