RoadRunner passwords cant be changed

1 view

Alexander

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Passwords are compromised, but can't be changed.

I still have not been emailed by RoadRunner.

A tech did write back to my complaint that the
system wont let me change my password.

Unable to change the password : Unknown Error(Error code: 16777276)

The tech said :
I also keep getting the same error as you when I try and change my home
account password. I called our network engineer to find out about it and
he says he expects to have the problem resolved by 11am tomorrow.

As the answer came after midnight, I am not sure what day that means.

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

With Servers In California, Texas And Virginia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

anita

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Same thing happened to me. I tried to change the PW on the master acct.
Nope that wouldn't 'take' ..tried one of the subusers, I thought it
worked, but today I logged on using my old one :(
Wonder if the 'upgrade' that RR was supposed to do is done and the sys
is more secure ??
'nita

Alexander

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
In article <39394750...@houston.rr.com>, anita
<ani...@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> Same thing happened to me. I tried to change the PW on the master acct.
> Nope that wouldn't 'take' ..tried one of the subusers, I thought it
> worked, but today I logged on using my old one :(
> Wonder if the 'upgrade' that RR was supposed to do is done and the sys
> is more secure ??
> 'nita

Surely they'd email us and tell us. NOT

A professional outfit (not RoadRunner) would have hired Kelly Girls
on Thursday and Friday and telephoned EVERY ONE of its users.

I still have received no notification email, and I still can't change
my password.

AMATEURS !!

anita

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
hi ..
would you email me if you find out if we can ever change our PWs ?? I'm
scared to order anything over INet ,now :(
'nita

Thunder

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
The server that handles the IP assignements, and the password change
(authentication) is having problems still from the upgrade. It's being
looked at... I'll let ya know if my buddy tells me any more news...

Alexander <AGB...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

> Passwords are compromised, but can't be changed.
>
> I still have not been emailed by RoadRunner.
>
> A tech did write back to my complaint that the
> system wont let me change my password.
>

> Unable to change the password : Unknown Error(Error code: 16777276)
>

> The tech said :
> I also keep getting the same error as you when I try and change my home
> account password. I called our network engineer to find out about it and
> he says he expects to have the problem resolved by 11am tomorrow.
>

> As the answer came after midnight, I am not sure what day that means.
>

> =
>

> =
>

> =
>

> =
>

> =
>

> =
>

> =
>

> =

Andrew

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Alexander <AGB...@houston.rr.com> wrote:
> =

> =

> =

> =

> =

> =

> =

> =

You know, that's far more annoying than the Uncensored-News.Com banner
you're trying to obscure.

-Andrew
--
Andrew O. Smith - <a...@insync.net>
Sysadmin, Insync Internet Services

Alexander

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
In article <utd_4.6020$cH1.1...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>, "Thunder"
<thu...@nospam.nflfans.com> wrote:

> The server that handles the IP assignements, and the password change
> (authentication) is having problems still from the upgrade. It's being
> looked at... I'll let ya know if my buddy tells me any more news...

Translation: Nobody at Road Runner is expert enough.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thunder

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Well, the subscriber software they run is Compaq written, on Compaq
hardware, on Microsoft OS. You figure out who's an 'expert'. They even
called the guy who wrote the software, and he's having problems. I'm just
glad I know an engineer at RR to get updates from him!!

Alexander <AGB...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Alexander

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
In article <vch_4.7364$Gh.1...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>, "Thunder"
<thu...@nospam.nflfans.com> wrote:

> Well, the subscriber software they run is Compaq written, on Compaq
> hardware, on Microsoft OS. You figure out who's an 'expert'. They even
> called the guy who wrote the software, and he's having problems. I'm
> just
> glad I know an engineer at RR to get updates from him!!

Rule number one, dont buy promises. Dont run unproven software in a
commercial setting.

A High Honcho from Warner needs to call a High Honcho from Compaq, and
get the "guy who wrote the software" over to Austin, and not let him out
until its fixed.

.

few enough spaces for Andrew?

Thunder

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00

> A High Honcho from Warner needs to call a High Honcho from Compaq, and
> get the "guy who wrote the software" over to Austin, and not let him out
> until its fixed.

I completely agree!!!

Alexander <AGB...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Peter da Silva

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
What I don't understand about all this is why anyone is using RR's mail
servers, period. You know they're running mail service on NT... even
Microsoft Hotmail doesn't do that. It's not like mail service is hard
to find...

Then you wouldn't care what their email passwords are.

--
Rev. Peter da Silva, ULC.

"Be conservative in what you generate, and liberal in what you accept"
-- Matthew 10:16 (l.trans)

b...@spamtrap.exile.net

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
In article <8m96aq$pf$1...@citadel.in.taronga.com>,

Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:
>What I don't understand about all this is why anyone is using RR's mail
>servers, period. You know they're running mail service on NT... even
>Microsoft Hotmail doesn't do that. It's not like mail service is hard
>to find...

Interestingly enough, Microsoft is apparently taking another crack
at removing the embarrassment of running Hotmail on non-MS products.
Netcraft (via The Register) reports that a number of Windows 2000 servers
have been moved into the Hotmail "cluster" (term used loosely here)
and are currently serving 5-10% of the requests.

More on this at http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/12290.html

Ben
--
Ben L. Perkins -=- Houston, TX, USA