Exceptions while launching Tomcat from Eclipse

Janek Lasocki-Biczysko

May 2, 2014, 9:49:07 AM5/2/14
to hotswa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting this project together, I'm looking forward to using it!

Right now I'm trying to get HotswapAgent working with Tomcat (from within Eclipse).
If I add my module to tomcat and launch it, it seems to work at first, and then throws a few exceptions. I've attached my tomcat log as "hotswapagent.log". Any ideas as to what could be causing the issues there?

When I launch Tomcat without any modules, it starts up without any problems. On shutdown there is an exception, but I'm not concerned about it at the moment ("hotswapagent-start-stop.log")

Thanks!

hotswapagent.log
hotswapagent-start-stop.log

Janek Lasocki-Biczysko

May 2, 2014, 10:33:42 AM5/2/14
to hotswa...@googlegroups.com
Looks like this might be a Spring 3.1.1 issue - going to try and upgrade to 3.2 and see how it goes.

Jiří Bubník

May 3, 2014, 5:27:09 AM5/3/14
to Janek Lasocki-Biczysko, hotswa...@googlegroups.com

Yes, the first error is Spring related and upgrade to 3.2 will remove spring error messages. I changed this error level to trace only, because this is new cache introduced in 3.2. and for 3.1 it can be ignored.

However, the root cause is classloader issue in ELResolverPlugin:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin class org.hotswap.agent.plugin.elresolver.ELResolverPlugin is not initialized in classloader org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@64d17a14.

               at org.hotswap.agent.PluginRegistry.getPlugin(PluginRegistry.java:175)

               at org.hotswap.agent.PluginManager.getPlugin(PluginManager.java:79)

               at org.hotswap.agent.PluginManager.getPlugin(PluginManager.java:64)

               at javax.el.BeanELResolver.<init>(BeanELResolver.java:68)

               at org.apache.tiles.el.TilesContextELResolver.<init>(TilesContextELResolver.java:40)

Please try attached version of HotswapAgent, both issues should have been solved. Please let me know the result.

Jiri

HotswapAgent.jar.zip

Janek Lasocki-Biczysko

May 5, 2014, 8:28:28 AM5/5/14
to hotswa...@googlegroups.com, Janek Lasocki-Biczysko
Hi Jiri,

Thank you - this new .jar works for me using 3.1!
Excellent :)

Roded Bahat

Jul 11, 2014, 2:59:06 AM7/11/14
to hotswa...@googlegroups.com, j.lasocki...@intrallect.com
Thanks for that.
When is this going to be officially released?