authorization problem

Mick Delaney

Jul 31, 2009, 4:53:55 AM7/31/09
to HORN Development
i'm getting a 401 accessing https://hornget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/package_tree

Debugging I get this message:

OPTIONS of 'https://hornget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/package_tree':
authorization failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Basic
challenge (https://hornget.googlecode.com)

Log:

PS>./horn.exe -install:automapper
Command install was issued with values:
automapper

Reading the current revision for .horn

Unhandled Exception: SharpSvn.SvnAuthorizationException: OPTIONS of
'https://hornget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/package_tr
ee': authorization failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected
Basic challenge (https://hornget.googlecode.com)
at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client,
SvnException error) in f:\qqn\sharpsvn-dist-1.6\src\s
harpsvn\svnclientargs.cpp:line 76
at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client,
svn_error_t* error) in f:\qqn\sharpsvn-dist-1.6\src\s
harpsvn\svnclientargs.cpp:line 42
at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Info(SvnTarget target, SvnInfoArgs args,
EventHandler`1 infoHandler) in f:\qqn\sharpsvn-dist-1.
6\src\sharpsvn\commands\info.cpp:line 97
at SharpSvn.SvnClient.GetInfo(SvnTarget target, SvnInfoEventArgs&
info) in f:\qqn\sharpsvn-dist-1.6\src\sharpsvn\comm
ands\info.cpp:line 117
at Horn.Core.SCM.SVNSourceControl.get_Revision() in C:\Data\oss
\horn-project\src\Horn.Core\SourceControl\SvnSourceCon
trol.cs:line 20
at Horn.Core.SCM.SourceControl.RetrieveSource(IPackageTree
packageTree) in C:\Data\oss\horn-project\src\Horn.Core\Sou
rceControl\SourceControl.cs:line 64
at
Horn.Core.Tree.MetaDataSynchroniser.MetaDataSynchroniser.SynchronisePackageTree
(IPackageTree packageTree) in C:\Da
ta\oss\horn-project\src\Horn.Core\MetaDataSynchroniser
\metadatasynchroniser.cs:line 13
at Horn.Core.PackageStructure.PackageTree.GetRootPackageTree
(DirectoryInfo rootFolder) in C:\Data\oss\horn-project\sr
c\Horn.Core\PackageTree\PackageTree.cs:line 203
at Horn.Console.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Data\oss\horn-
project\src\Horn.Console\Program.cs:line 36
+ C:\Data\oss\horn-project\src\Horn.Console\bin\x86\Debug

If i use a browser to navigate there its the same issue, need a user/
pwd.
is there a username that people are using???

Paul Cowan

Jul 31, 2009, 5:07:03 AM7/31/09
to horn-dev...@googlegroups.com
Have you done an svn update and rebuild the latest version of the code recently?

The URL that is being requested in the stack trace is the authenticated url for the horn repo that goes over https.

I've just checked the code and this is the url that svn is using which does not need public authentication

http://hornget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/package_tree/

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)