DiscoveryWorks Global

Adrienne Weber

Sep 28, 2012, 6:57:31 PM9/28/12
to hon...@googlegroups.com
So, I did some work for DiscoveryWorks Global back in June, and they have yet to pay me. They're now 2 months late.

I had been corresponding with the CEO Harry DeBari, however I have been unable to reach him for about 2 weeks now. No one picks up the phone and I'm not getting a response to my e-mails.

Needless to say, finding all the threads about the company here at this community has got me worried. (That and their file with the Better Business Bureau, where they have an F rating and 2 claims related to payment, which they apparently ignored. How is this company still in business? From now on, I'm checking this community before I take job with a new company!)

Has anyone had any more dealings with them since the last post here? Anything (other than posting here) that helped you get paid finally?

Adrienne Weber

David Bernat

Oct 12, 2012, 9:55:46 PM10/12/12
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 10/13/2012 06:29 AM, Clive Purnell wrote:
> Ditto all of the above.
>
> On July 9 I invoiced DWGlobal for almost $6000. You know how much of that I've seen. In response to all my communications, the only response I've had from DeBari is "thank you for your patience."
>
> I'm immensely mad at myself for taking work for this company when there was already a slew of bad press about them here on the 'net. I worked like a fiend for a couple of months, doing my best to do a good job and -- I hoped -- establish an ongoing relationship with the company. (The material was a perfect fit for me, the work just kept on coming, and the rate was good (hah!))
>
> I've promised my husband that I'll do my utmost to get paid, and even have a small claims form in hand (claims up to $5000). Should I spend money on a lawyer? Or would that be good money after bad??
>
> Best wishes to all.

So you haven't been paid...Does anything in the original material point
to the identity of the client who commissioned the translation?
Contacting the end client directly is potential overkill, but.......

Clive Purnell

Oct 13, 2012, 2:07:44 AM10/13/12
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I've gone down that road and am waiting for a response.

Unfortunately, the material was for purposes of litigation, so the "client" was most likely a law firm, not the company producing the material itself.

David Bernat

Oct 13, 2012, 2:09:03 AM10/13/12
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 10/13/2012 03:07 PM, Clive Purnell wrote:
> I've gone down that road and am waiting for a response.
>
> Unfortunately, the material was for purposes of litigation, so the
> "client" was most likely a law firm, not the company producing the
> material itself.

Anything close to a docket number or court of jurisdiction?