Chrome Dev Tools

Edward Kim

Dec 2, 2013, 2:07:28 PM12/2/13
to honolulu-...@googlegroups.com

HICapacity is hosting a new (possibly monthly) event where we take a deep dive into public web pages with Chrome Dev Tools. The point is to look at what works well and what doesn’t work so well when trying to develop high traffic web pages for the public. We hope that through this we can find common patterns among quality web pages, discover interesting solutions to difficult problems, and maybe even some quick fixes that were overlooked.

We’ll also be exploring how to effectively use Chrome Dev Tools to debug your web page. Dev Tools offers a complete suite of tools including a HTML and JS debugger with breakpoints on both JS code and DOM events, a FPS (Frames per Second) counter, and much much more. I’ll be walking through some of the tools that I know how to use and when to use them effectively.

This event was inspired by the later half of this YouTube video (Colt’s Talk): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Bafn-pr2s

For more information (required items), here's the site posting: http://hicapacity.org/events/

To sign up for this event: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/chrome-dev-tools-tickets-9594355977

Jason Axelson

Dec 6, 2013, 2:44:40 AM12/6/13
to HI Capacity
Nice job on the event Ed! The new remote android chrome debugger is all kinds of awesome!

Edward Kim

Dec 6, 2013, 3:21:19 AM12/6/13
to honolulu-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I can't wait till it merges to stable.