Seminar: Frequency Licensing 101, Oct 16 @ 4:30PM, UH Manoa

Jeremy Chan

Oct 12, 2013, 3:45:53 PM10/12/13
to honolulu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Makers,

If you're interested in developing wireless systems for non-ISM band (e.g. outside of ~2.4GHz) use, and you'd like to make a real business out of selling them, you may be interested in this talk.  I've invited Arthur Feller from Virginia, who has worked for the FCC fo 27 years, and continues to be involved with frequency management.  I figured this would be a great opportunity for anyone who is interested, to learn about how the radio spectrum is allocated, and what you'll need to consider for your product.

This may also be of interest to people who want to purchase wireless systems (non-ISM band, e.g. 802.11a/b/g) for commercial, industrial, and law enforcement use.  Certain UAV's, walkie-talkies, and tactical robots require frequency licensing.  This talk should provide some background on why licensing is required, and some info on who is involved when you need to apply.

I hope to see makers at our talk!  Bring your questions, this person is full of answers, especially about navigating red tape!

Please RSVP if you plan on attending.  I'm trying to get some funds together for refreshments, and could use a head count.

Mahalo,
  Jeremy

FrequencyPlanning101-20131016.pdf