Looking to signup for a membership, and I was wondering if you might accept Bitcoin?

The Ta'a Pyland

Aug 30, 2013, 12:16:53 AM8/30/13
to honolulu-...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I've checked the place out a few times, and I'm super stoked to have found a Hackerspace in Hawaii!  I've been an avid fan of 3D Printing & Design for years now, and would like to offer any experience or knowledge that I've picked up along the way.  I've currently got a PrintrBot Jr. at home that I've been messing with, and will most likely be expanding to a couple different machines in the next few months (I want a Rostock and the QU-BD RPM looks really nice as well).

I'd like to become a member, and was wondering if you might be willing to accept Bitcoin?

Sam Durham

Sep 4, 2013, 12:53:14 AM9/4/13
to honolulu-...@googlegroups.com
I agree with this.  If you accept Bitcoin i'll sign up!

If you need any help setting it up myself or Ta'a would be happy to help.  You can get instant transfer to normal USD for a 1% or less charge per transaction.  That is cheaper than paypal by a longshot and no risk of volatility holding the bitcoins as it is converted to cash right away.

Jason Axelson

Sep 4, 2013, 3:13:02 PM9/4/13
to HI Capacity
Hi Ta'a and Sam,

This is something we are working on right now, hopefully we'll be able to get it set up in a week or two!

-Jason