postdoctoral positions at the University of Western Ontario

Chris Kapulkin

Nov 26, 2017, 9:04:43 PM11/26/17
to Homotopy Type Theory
[Please forward as appropriate.]

The Math Department at Western will be hiring one or more postdocs to
start in summer 2018. The application deadline is January 4, 2018.
The full ad is available at

https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/UWO/PDF

and I have included the text of it below.

The Math Department has several faculty working in Homotopy Type
Theory and related areas, including Dan Christensen, Rick Jardine, and
Chris Kapulkin. Applicants in these and other areas represented in the
department are particularly encouraged to apply.

Our department has an active postdoctoral program and a busy seminar
schedule with many visitors. More information about the department
and the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences are available
at http://uwo.ca/math/ and http://uwo.ca/smss/

The positions have a reduced teaching load of just two half-courses.
A "half-course" is a 13-week course meeting for 3 or 4 hours each week.
Note also that the cost of living in London is quite low.

Feel free to contact me with questions, or to use the e-mail address
below.

Dan

-------------

The University of Western Ontario, Department of Mathematics

Postdoctoral Positions

The Department of Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario
has one or more postdoctoral positions available, in any area of
Mathematics that is represented within the Department.

Information about the Department can be found at http://uwo.ca/math.

Each position has a two-year term with a flexible start date of July
1, 2018. The salary will be $44,000 CDN per year (currently under
negotiation), plus a tax-free research fund of $1,500 per year. The
positions will involve teaching two half-courses per year, in addition
to research. Candidates should have completed a Ph.D. in July 2015 or
later. The filling of these positions is subject to budgetary
considerations.

All applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae
(including pubication list), a research statement, and at least three
letters of reference. At least one letter of reference should comment
on the teaching abilities of the applicant.

E-mail inquiries may be sent to math...@uwo.ca.

Screening of applications will begin on January 4, 2018, and will
continue until all positions are filled.