HotU Council (approve/disapprove)

Archibald

Dec 21, 2015, 4:20:20 AM12/21/15
to Home of the Underdogs
"I don't know anyone! It's difficult to start casting votes. How about you choose the first council by your knowledge and intuition and then next time the council itself can sort out all line-up changes?"
OK, I understand, we could simplify it for the first Council elections. But we _NEED_ some sort of participation of the community here. So, let's do it an ever simplier way.
I have prepared a list of people I nominate for the Council (based on my past experience with those people, their post here and on the old forums or simply by intuition). This Council will operate for a half year only (the remaining of 2015 and 1st half of 2016) and after that the community elects a new Council (which would operate longer, like 3 years, we will forge the details on it later).

My nomination for the Council (5 people): vic-k, LotBlind, martiniturbide, broklynite, FlyM0lo
This Council will operate in a shorter, half year, term (so it's sort of a provisional Council).

You, the member of a community, are to simply reply here and post:
- APPROVE (if you approve the Council selection above)
- DISAPPROVE (if you do not approve the Council selection above)
- COUNTERPROPOSAL (if you have a better idea, include the list of people you want in the Council (5-8))
- APPROVE COUNTERPROPOSAL [mention which counterproposal] (if you support the proposal someone made)
If at least 70% of the community approves we go for it, if there are more proposals the one with majority of approvals passes.

So, it can't be simlpier :) Just reply if you approve it or not (or post a counterproposal). I would really like if all/most of the active members replied.

Archibald

Dec 21, 2015, 4:42:59 AM12/21/15
to Home of the Underdogs
You can also retweet/like these so we spread the word about the Council nomination:

https://twitter.com/HotU_net/status/678869982856536068
https://www.facebook.com/HomeOfTheUnderdogs/photos/a.423095361162895.1073741828.422363567902741/643216339150795/?type=3&theater

I will wait a few days (most of the people who wanted to participate had the time to join the googlegroup by now I think) and then tally it up (probably just after Christmast).

Chiphe Holas

Dec 21, 2015, 12:50:56 PM12/21/15
to Archibald, Home of the Underdogs
Approved (if am allowed to vote on this one) I think most of those folks have been contributing ideas and helping with momentum.

LotBlind

Dec 21, 2015, 12:51:34 PM12/21/15
to Home of the Underdogs
Are you sure you don't want to wait until after New Year's as well? This is the busiest time of year for many...

APPROVE

Sonderpa

Dec 22, 2015, 2:21:23 AM12/22/15
to Home of the Underdogs
APPROVE

Any person willing, and having time, to keep HotU alive will have my blessing.

Archibald

Dec 22, 2015, 2:51:31 AM12/22/15
to Home of the Underdogs
"if am allowed to vote on this one" - any community member is allowed to

"Are you sure you don't want to wait until after New Year's as well? This is the busiest time of year for many..." - No more waiting :) HotU had it in aboundance in the past. I'm in favour of doing flawed things today that perfect things tomorrow :)

martiniturbide

Dec 22, 2015, 7:06:40 AM12/22/15
to Home of the Underdogs
APPROVE

Archibald

Dec 28, 2015, 1:44:07 AM12/28/15
to Home of the Underdogs
OK, time is up. We have a Council: vic-k, LotBlind, martiniturbide, broklynite, FlyM0lo. Congrats :)