Weekly E-mail

Margaret Hulsey

Nov 25, 2009, 1:28:52 PM11/25/09
to holytrinityma...@googlegroups.com

     Greetings, Holy Trinity Members and Friends,

Advent I - Worship for the Week of November 28/29.  The Liturgical color is blue.

Saturday Worship is at 5:30 PM.   Chas Childers and the Voices of Faith will be leading worship.  Music includes: Your Grace is Enough; Fairest Lord Jesus; Forever; We Fall Down; Here I am to Worship; Lord, I Lift Your Name on High.  Coffee Fellowship this evening is hosted and prepared by Karen and Dick Nelson.

Sunday Worship at 8:15 and 11:00 am    Advent I – Advent Lessons and Carols.  Music includes:  Awake! Awake and Greet the New Morn; There’s a Voice in the Wilderness; All Earth is Hopeful; People Look East; Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming; Creator of the Stars of Night; Wake, Awake for Night is Flying, Each Winter as the Year Grows Older; Come, Jesus, Holy Son of God; Lost in the Night; O Come, O Come Emmanuel; Christ, Be Our Light.  Coffee Fellowship is hosted and prepared by the Coffee Fellowship Coordinators.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Advent/Christmas Brochures & Advent Coin Folders

Again this year we are asking members and friends to pick up your Advent coin folder from the wooden display table or from the ushers and return them any time this season in the envelope provided.  This year they benefit MUST Ministries.  If you do not wish to insert the quarters each day, there is a slot for case or you may write a check made payable to Holy Trinity.

Also available is our Advent & Christmas brochure that lists our services and activities during this season such as the Christ Child Shower, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Pageant, etc.

If you read our newsletter, “The Trumpet” on-line and would like to pick up a copy of the New Member insert or the November calendar with servant listing, please look for them on the wooden information table in the Fellowship Hall.

The Flower Donation Book for 2010 is on the wooden display table

 in the Fellowship Hall.  Please take a look and choose your weekend to dedicate.

The cost per week is $69.55.

Poinsettia Orders – 2009

It’s poinsettia time again!!  The order forms were sent out in the December newsletter as well as being on the wooden display table in the Fellowship Hall.  They are $10.00 again this year.

Please fill out your form exactly as you want it listed in the bulletin and attach your check or cash to the form.

The poinsettias will be used to decorate the Sanctuary for Christmas Eve and may then be picked up after the services or the following week.

ELCA Presiding Bishop Mark S. Hanson has written an open letter to all ELCA members.

This important letter can be viewed at http://www.elca.org/faithfulmission

Young Families Munch Bunch will meet on December 6 in the Upper Room.

Join the young families for Brunch on that Sunday from 12:00 – 2:00pm.

Contact the Schutte’s at 770-855-2826  to sign-up for a dish to bring.

The charity for the December 8th Christ Child Shower this year is “It’s My Very Own”

This is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to working with communities to provide for the immediate needs of children being removed from their homes by local child protective services.  It’s My Very Own seeks to make each child’s life a little brighter by providing Bags of Love.  We will be collecting items such as soft cuddle toys, coloring books and crayons, and personal care items to go in the bags.  Please drop off your items at the Ministry Station in late November and early December.

The women of the church are invited to attend this year’s Christ Child Shower, Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 7pm in the Fellowship Hall.  2009 Secret Prayer Sisters will be revealed and new ones picked for 2010.  Sign up for the Christ Child Shower at the Ministry Station this week and the next or call Colleen Plumley at 770-516-4915 or pluml...@comcast.net.

“A Festival of Lessons and Carols” performed by the Georgia Boy Choir

At St. Peter Chanel Catholic Church, 11330 Woodstock Rd., Roswell

Saturday, December 5 at 7:00 p.m.

The performance is free but a free-will offering will be taken to support the choir.

A reception for the boys of the choir will follow the performance.

For more information contact Jane Jackson at 678-832-1247 or jjac...@stpeterchanel.org

Please consider sharing your talents during the Saturday Night Service.

The Voices of Faith and Praise Band would welcome additional members (both vocal and instrumental) - please speak with Chas after the service or contact him at chaz...@gmail.com.

The Sound Crew Service Team will be expanding - if you think you might enjoy helping in this way, speak with the Tech on duty, Chas or contact Sam Miller (swm...@aol.com) or Stella (ble...@bellsouth.net).

The event we have all been waiting for:  W-ELCA’s Annual Cookie/Candy Sale!!

December 5 and 6 after each service.  Cost is $10.00 per box.

Buy your Christmas goodies there and support a good cause.

Also coming December 5 and 6 after each service – Olivewood Carvings by the Bethlehem Christians

Carving the olive wood began in the city of Bethlehem in the fourth century.  As a way to spread Christianity, the monks taught the Christians how to carve the olive wood; since then, Christians have been carving the beautiful religious crafts from one generation to another.

Come check out the carvings, from Christmas ornaments to Nativity sets.

Christmas Angel Tree

This year Holy Trinity will again have the Christmas Angel Tree.  This will benefit the Cobb County children in foster care.  This tree will have gift opportunities for various prices.

Gifts for the foster children should not be wrapped (gift bags are fine).  The tree will be set up on Saturday, November 21, and will remain until Sunday, December 6.  All gifts must be returned by that time for delivery to DFCS during the week of December 7.  For questions about the Angel Tree gifts, please call David Fricke at 404-219-0993.

Thanks for your support as we make this Christmas a special time for some of our local children.

Sign-up now for Holy Trinity’s Breakfast with Santa and Christmas Pageant.

Breakfast with Santa is Saturday, December 12 from 9:00 – 11:00 in the Upper Room for kids of all ages.

Cost is $5.00.  You can purchase tickets at the Ministry Station on December 5 & 6 or at the door.

The Holy Trinity Christmas Pageant is Sunday, December 13 at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.

They played to a packed crowd last year and we hope this year will be the same.

Admission is free but sign-up at the ministry station to be in the drawing for door prizes.

Refreshments will be served after the pageant.

Cleaning for a Reason

If you know any woman currently undergoing chemo, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning – one time per month for four months while she is in treatment.  All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment.  Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service.  http://www.cleaningforareason.org

The November newsletter, “The Trumpet,” is now available on our website;  www.htelcm.org.

Click here to go to the November Trumpet.

For the Worship Servants, click on Worship Servants.

OberammergauPragueBudapestVienna

To date we have signed up twenty-one travelers to attend “The Passion of Christ” play in Oberammergau, Germany.  We will also visit the beautiful cities of Prague, Budapest, and Vienna.  Mr. Nawas has also agreed to prearrange attendance at a concert in Vienna.  In order to have our own bus we will need to sign up at least seventeen more travelers.  So get the word out to your friends and let’s do all we can to reach our goal for this fantastic once-in-a-lifetime trip.  Call us if you have any questions.

                                        Pastor G and Ginger

Ministry Stations this Week:

       W-ELCA Christ Child Shower – Dec. 8 at 7:00 p.m.

       Christian Education – Breakfast with Santa & Christmas Pageant

Christmas Angel Tree – to benefit Cobb County children in foster care

Sign-up to help decorate the Sanctuary on Sunday, December 20

       We have our ongoing collection of food, clothing, towels, blankets, etc. for MUST Ministries.

Our Weekend Schedule: - Advent I

Saturday – November 28, 2009

 7:30 AM – Men’s Via de Cristo

 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM – Voices of Faith Rehearsal

 5:30 PM – Worship/Holy Communion

 8:00 PM – AA/EB 7,8,9

Sunday – November 29, 2009

 8:15 AM – Worship/Holy Communion

 NO Confirmation

 NO Sunday Church School

 11:00 AM – Worship/Holy Communion

 2:30 PM – Girl Scouts/EB-13

 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM – Jr. Youth Skit Practice

See you in Worship,

Margaret

Church Administrator
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
2922 Sandy Plains Rd.
Marietta, GA 30066

att951be.gif
att95215.gif
att95216.gif
att95227.jpg
att95228.gif
att95229.gif
att9523a.gif
att9523b.gif
att9523c.jpg
att951bf.jpg
att951c0.gif
att951e0.gif
att951e1.gif
att951e2.jpg
att951f3.gif
att95204.gif
att95205.jpg

Margaret Hulsey

Dec 3, 2009, 4:25:06 PM12/3/09
to holytrinityma...@googlegroups.com

     Greetings, Holy Trinity Members and Friends,

Advent II - Worship for the Week of December 5/6.  The Liturgical color is blue.

Forerunners and messengers advance the advent of our God. While John the Baptizer's voice in the wilderness may be the principal focus of the day, Malachi's prophesy could as easily herald the coming Lord Jesus as forerunner of the Lord of hosts. Finally all the baptized are called to participate in the sharing of the gospel. In so doing we prepare the way for the coming of the Lord and assist all flesh in capturing a vision of the "salvation of God."

Saturday Worship is at 5:30 PM.   Chas Childers and the Voices of Faith will be leading worship.  Music includes: Joy to the World/Come, Now is the Time to Worship; Majesty; Shout to the Lord; Blessed be Your Name; Breathe; Lord Reign in Me. Coffee Fellowship this evening is hosted and prepared by the Coffee Fellowship Coordinator.

Sunday Worship at 8:15 and 11:00 am    Advent II – ELW Setting Two.  Music includes:  Lift Up Your Heads, Ye Mighty Gates; Come, Come Emmanuel; Blessed be the God of Israel; We are Waiting; On Jordan’s Bank the Baptist’s Cry; My Lord, What a Morning; There’s a Voice in the Wilderness; Comfort, Comfort Now My People; Prepare the Royal Highway.  Coffee Fellowship following the 8:15 service is hosted and prepared by the Hess Family and after the 11:00 service by the Coffee Fellowship Coordinators.

Children’s Church will be this Sunday during the 11:00 service for ages 3 through 3rd grade.

The children will be dismissed to go to the chapel with Pastor Birkholz

and during Children’s Church will receive a special Advent gift.

They will return to the service during the peace.

Parent are welcome to join their children in the chapel if they wish.

Advent/Christmas Brochures & Advent Coin Folders

Again this year we are asking members and friends to pick up your Advent coin folder from the wooden display table and return them any time this season in the envelope provided.  This year they benefit MUST Ministries.  If you do not wish to insert the quarters each day, there is a slot for cash or you may write a check made payable to Holy Trinity.

Also available is our Advent & Christmas brochure that lists our services and activities during this season such as the Christ Child Shower, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Pageant, etc.

If you read our newsletter, “The Trumpet” on-line and would like to pick up a copy of the New Member insert or the December calendar with servant listing, please look for them on the wooden information table in the Fellowship Hall.

The Flower Donation Book for 2010 is on the wooden display table

 in the Fellowship Hall.  Please take a look and choose your weekend to dedicate.

The cost per week is $69.55.

Poinsettia Orders – 2009

It’s poinsettia time again!!  The order forms were sent out in the December newsletter as well as being on the wooden display table in the Fellowship Hall.  They are $10.00 again this year.

Please fill out your form exactly as you want it listed in the bulletin and attach your check or cash to the form.  Deadline to order is Sunday, December 13.

The poinsettias will be used to decorate the Sanctuary for Christmas Eve and may then be picked up after the services or the following week.

ELCA Presiding Bishop Mark S. Hanson has written an open letter to all ELCA members.

This important letter can be viewed at http://www.elca.org/faithfulmission

Christmas Eve Requests

Many servants are needed at each of our 3 Christmas Eve services so if you will be in town and

can serve at one or more services, please let the church office know.

Also, when you’re making your plans to attend the Christmas Eve services, please remember that seating in the sanctuary is on a “first come, first seated” basis and turning away a member or visitor from an open seat is not what we want them to remember about our Christmas Eve service.

Please plan to arrive together with all your family so you can be seated together as we don’t “save” seats.

Christmas Eve Schedule

5:00 pm – Family service with Holy Communion, music by the family Handchime Ensemble, message by Pastor Birkholz

8:00 pm – Carols and Communion with handbell music by the Kings’ Ringers, with percussion, message by Pastor Grunke

11:00 pm – Carols and Communion, Choral music by Combined Choirs with String Quartet, message by Pastor Grunke

Prelude Carols and Anthems begin 20 minutes before each service.

All children are welcome in the services – therefore, there will be no nursery.

[...]

Gifts for the foster children should not be wrapped (gift bags are fine).  The tree will remain until Sunday, December 6.  All gifts must be returned by December 10 for delivery to DFCS on December 11.  For questions about the Angel Tree gifts, please call David Fricke at 404-219-0993.

[...]

Have a great pancake breakfast, make a craft and have your photo made with Santa himself.  Invite your family & friends to attend also.  Cost is $5.00 per person.  You can purchase tickets at the Ministry Station this week or at the door.

The Holy Trinity Christmas Pageant is Sunday, December 13 at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.

They played to a packed crowd last year and we hope this year will be the same.

Admission is free but sign-up at the ministry station to be in the drawing for door prizes.

Refreshments will be served after the pageant.

Your help is needed to make this a great event.    How can you help?  Sign -up to bring a Christmas snack for the reception following the program or come on Thurs., Dec.10th or Fri., Dec. 11th and help us decorate.  Ask your friends and family to come to this church-wide event that is a great outreach to our community.

The Jingle Jog 5K is Saturday, December 12 and Holy Trinity is bringing a team!

If you would like to be a part of it, please email bbir...@holytrinitymarietta.org

ASAP so Pastor Birkholz can add you to the team.

Wear a Holy Trinity t-shirt if you have one, walkers are welcome, and there is a festival along with the race!

Come Join the Young at Hearts on Monday, December 14 at 10:00 a.m.

for their Holiday Program and Dinner.

This year’s program will be a costumed dramatic presentation by Roy Lantz, followed by a turkey dinner with all the trimmings.  We also invite attendees to bring along some toiletries for MUST.

Cost is $5.00 and the event will be in the Upper Room.

"BiteBack," is an opportunity to save a life at Christmas. Our children are collecting money to buy mosquito nets for children in Africa. Thousands of children die daily from malaria and these nets effectively stop the spread of this disease. The nets are $10.00 each, but any donation is appreciated. We have a goal of 50 nets and we would love to send more. Please consider being a part of this effort. We are working with Compassion International as well as the Lutheran Malaria Initiative. You can donate at the ministry station this weekend as well as the weekend of the 12th and 13th of Dec.

Cobb County CERT Classes – Here at Holy Trinity in January

Community Emergency Response Team logoDay Classes are 9:00 am – 2:30 pm – Jan. 7, 14, 21, and 28

Evening Classes are 6pm – 9pm – Jan. 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26 and 28

The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program trains people to be better prepared to respond to emergency situations in their communities.

Sign up for classes and get more information at the Ministry Stations in December.

[...]

The December newsletter, “The Trumpet,” is now available on our website;  www.htelcm.org.

Click here to go to the December Trumpet.

For the Worship Servants, click on Worship Servants.

OberammergauPragueBudapestVienna

Tickets are still available for our trip to the Passion Play, September 15 – 15, 2010 – for how much longer no one knows.  If you are interested, please let us know.

                                        Pastor G and Ginger

Ministry Stations this Week:

       Fair Trade Coffee

       Angel Food Orders

       Bethlehem Christians – Olivewood Carvings

         Social Ministry – CERT Training in January

       W-ELCA Christ Child Shower – Dec. 8 at 7:00 p.m.

       W-ELCA Cookie & Candy Sale

       Christian Education – Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 12, & Christmas Pageant, Dec. 13

                                                and BiteBack

Christmas Angel Tree – to benefit Cobb County children in foster care

Sign-up to help decorate the Sanctuary on Sunday, December 20

       We have our ongoing collection of food, clothing, towels, blankets, etc. for MUST Ministries.

Our Weekend Schedule: - Advent II

Saturday – December 5, 2009

 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Boy Scouts/EB7-8,13,14,UR

 7:30 AM – Men’s Via de Cristo

 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM – Voices of Faith Rehearsal

 5:30 PM – Worship/Holy Communion

 8:00 PM – AA/EB 7,8,9

Sunday – December 6, 2009

 8:15 AM – Worship/Holy Communion

 9:30 Am - Confirmation

 9:40 AM - Sunday Church School

11:00 AM – Worship/Holy Communion

12:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Munch Bunch Brunch/UR

12:30 PM – 1:00 PM – Angel Food Orders

12:30 PM – 1:15 PM – Grade 1-5 Choir Rehearsal/S

 3:45 PM – Family Handchime Rehearsal/FH

 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM – Jr. Youth

 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM – Handbell Rehearsal/FH

 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Stephen Ministry/L

 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Sr. Youth

See you in Worship,

Margaret