Battle at Altitude Jan. 27 & 28, 2018

Tyera Eulberg

Oct 31, 2017, 10:55:41 AM10/31/17
to hock...@googlegroups.com, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com
Hello! The Denver Area Underwater Hockey Club (DAUHC) is pleased to announce the 13th annual Battle @ Altitude tournament.

This year's edition of our tournament will be held on January 27-28, 2018, at the Veteran's Memorial Aquatic Center (VMAC, same pool as Nationals 2016, see below for details). We will be using both playing areas to accommodate twice as many teams.

In addition, we are once again hosting our very popular “Battle’s Eve" Potluck Tournament for those players wishing to get some extra pool time. Get used to the altitude and the Sport Court, plus it’s a ton of fun!! The potluck will start at about noon on Friday, Jan. 26 (prior to B@A), and is open to anyone, whether they are playing in B@A proper or not. $20 per player. Please let us know if you are interested in joining the Battle’s Eve games. Official entry info for BE will follow soon.

B@A REGISTRATION:

DO NOT PAY YET! In an attempt to make the entry process fair and reasonable for everybody who wishes to attend, we will be selling registration spots through the EventBrite website. We can accommodate a total of 16 teams (including 2 Colorado teams). There will be a two-team waitlist after the available spots are taken. Only one registration spot may be purchased per person, and spots are non-transferable and not to be re-sold. Please note the following very important details:

Registration Opens at: Monday, Nov. 6, 2017 at Noon Mountain time (that's 11am Pacific, 1pm Central, 2pm Eastern)

Registration website:  https://baa2018.eventbrite.com

Registration payment methods accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover

Registration Payment Amount: $100. This non-refundable deposit secures your team's spot and will count towards your team's entry fee, provided payment in full is made by the team-payment deadline (failure to pay in full may result in your team's spot being offered to a team on the waiting list). Once your deposit is paid and your team's spot is secured, you will be sent a roster form and you may pay the remainder of your entry fee, along with banquet fees, T-shirt purchases, etc. via check or Paypal.

Total Entry Fee cost:  $925 per team. This includes all USoA UWH development fees. Your $100 registration fee counts towards this total. Late fees may be added - see below

Team-payment deadline: Monday, November 27, 2017 at Noon, Mountain time

Check:  Make payable to DAUHC and mail to:
Agnes Debrunner
26500  Molly Dr.
Conifer, CO 80433

Paypal: Make a personal money transfer to our Tournament Paypal Address - ColoradoUWH...@gmail.com As always, if you incur Paypal fees (by paying with a credit card, choosing the wrong type of payment, etc), we will ask you to cover them. Also, please indicate in your Paypal memo who/what the payment is for to ensure that you receive credit for the payment.

Any registered teams that have not paid in full by the above deadline will be moved to the end of the waitlist (and their entry fees will increase by $50). We will then start offering spots to teams at the front of the waitlist for the original entry fee  ($925 total). Waitlisted teams will always have 14 days to pay in full or be moved to the back of the waitlist (and have their entry fees increased by $50). We will continue in this manner until Monday, January 15, 2017 or until all spots are paid for or no more teams are interested.

POOL LOCATION & TIMES:
The pool is the Veteran's Memorial Aquatic Center (VMAC) at 5310 E 136th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241 (same as Nationals 2016)

VMAC features crystal-clear water and the fastest UWH on the continent, with state-of-the-art sport court and built in walls and goals. The two courts are ~7 feet deep, and 25 yards long by 15 yards wide. The tournament will use the Uni2 puck with polished stainless sliders.

B@A will run:
Saturday: 8am to 9pm
Sunday: 8am to 5pm
Battle’s Eve potluck tourney is Friday noon - ?

LODGING:
Hotel information and block rates to come very soon

BANQUET:
There will be a banquet Sunday after the final games. Information and pricing to come

SKI-O-RAMA:
Let us know your interest - whether you want to ski, snowboard, snowshoe, hike, sled, or just hang out. We will make every attempt to keep costs down so you too can see what Colorado is really about. Email Agnes (agnesde...@icloud.com) for more ski-o-rama information.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
All standard USOA-sanctioned tournament rules will apply (ear- & mouth-guards, Minnesota rule, etc). All 2018 USOA dues and waivers should be taken care of through http://usauwh.org *prior* to your arrival in Denver. There will be a $10 late fee for paying or signing at the tournament. The 2018 USOA waiver will be available for download from the USA UWH Resources page, or directly at: http://www.usauwh.org/resources

For USOA payment questions, please contact Wendy Okafuji at Wendy_...@usauwh.com

B@A WEBSITE:
For regularly-updated tournament information, go here:
http://www.uwhockey.org/colorado/BaA.html
Questions, comments, etc, please email us ColoradoUnde...@gmail.com or phone/text 303-885-8443. If you text, please identify yourself, or you probably won’t get an answer.