Team USA Women's Elite Coach Selected

Leah Ettema

Aug 26, 2016, 8:11:51 PM8/26/16
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List
The US Women's Elite Team Steering Committee is please to announce that we have selected Phil Hickey as our coach for the 2018 Worlds effort!

Phil is dedicated to our sport and brings many years of experience both coaching locally and playing at the elite level. In addition, Phil served as a selector for the Women's Elite team in 2016, and impressed us all with his strategic vision and effective communication.

Phil's goal for 2018 is to build a team ready to take *gold* in Quebec City. We are excited to work with him in pursuit of this goal!

Coach Phil and the steering committee will be developing an event calendar and tryout/training process for the team over the next month. If you'd like to be involved with Team USA on any level, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Some of our events will be limited to players who are actively trying out for a spot on the 2018 Worlds Team, but some, especially early in the process, will be open to all.

Let us know you're interested by sending your name, email, phone number, and home club to wuwhselection@gmail.com, and we'll keep you posted about upcoming events. And spread the word! If several women from your home club are interested in being involved with Team USA, we may hold one of our training events at your club!

Thank you,

The US Women's Elite Team Steering Committee
Leah Ettema,
Jennifer Smith, Missy Kehoe, Tyera Eulberg