4th Annual Sebastopol Underwater Hockey After Thanksgiving Pot Luck

Scott Tucker

Nov 3, 2016, 7:34:47 PM11/3/16
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey Google Group, Club Puck, Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List, la...@yahoogroups.com

Sebastapol Sharks would like to invite all those interested to attend our 4th annual post thanksgiving pot luck.

It will occur on the Saturday after thanksgiving November 26th from 14:30 - 19:30 with some place to eat afterwards.  We are deciding on the location, Nate even though he will be in Columbia playing a much more intense but less fun UWH event has volunteered his parents but other locals may be hosting, you don't need to worry about that just yet, come play and then we will get you to food after.

Just as in the past the teams will be made based on my knowledge of the individuals skill with some input by sorta impartial participants the day of.  That said we still need a head count and a rough idea of who will be attending.

Format will vary depending on who shows up but will be short games run back to back to back for the time we have available.  Teams will be 5 or 6 players and since it is normally cold outside and we don't have room for in water subbing we won't have subs.  Keeps it simple that way.
At the end we will have a final game and declare a champion, give out some nominal prize and do our best to forget who those people were.

Cost will be kept to a minimum, the more we have the cheaper it will be on an individual basis but should be in the $20 range... think 3 regular practices just all at once.

The pool is one of the more fun to play in will will find anywhere. 25 yds long x 6 lanes wide.  That means no artificial walls, no puck crossing the a lane line for a boarder just a box filled with water and real hard sides of the pool to squish people against.  The bottom is sorta fast painted fiberglass so your sticks don't wear down, your suits don't get chewed up and the puck will move with relative ease.

Please respond to this email, to me as soon as convenient so I can get a rough idea on the number of people to try and best divide teams and time to maximize our fun.

Cheers,

Scott Tucker