Register for USA UWH Nationals 2018, in Colorado June 8-10

Tyera Eulberg

Mar 8, 2018, 12:34:39 PM3/8/18
to hock...@googlegroups.com, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com

We are pleased to officially announce US Underwater Hockey Nationals 2018 in Colorado.
Registration is now open!

See registration and event details below and stay up to date by visiting the tournament website http://www.uwhnationalchampionships.com

WHEN: June 8-10, 2018

Expect play to start bright and early Friday morning and run through 4pm Sunday.

WHERE: Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center

5310 E 136th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241

REGISTER:

In order to guarantee the best possible experience for all players, we will accept a maximum of 24 team entries, in the order payment is received. There will be 2 divisions at Nationals, Open A & Open B. There will be crossover games to re-seed the divisions before the playoffs. If there are more than 20 teams registered, an “Open C” division may be created. We ask that you register your team in the division appropriate to the strength of your team.

Depending on demand, second (and subsequent) team entries from individual clubs may be put on hold (fully refundable if not ultimately accepted) until March 23 to ensure that all clubs have a chance to enter at least one team. Entries that were put on hold will be accepted in the order in which they were received.

Player eligibility: To participate in USA UWH Nationals you must satisfy one of the following conditions:

1. be a US citizen.

2. be a permanent resident.

3. have lived and/or worked in the US for a continuous 3 months and practiced with the club you will be attending nationals with.

Special rule: In order to support our US National teams competing at Worlds in July, we would like to offer them the opportunity to use this tournament as a training event without undermining their club teams. As such, if a US National team chooses to compete as a single team at US Nationals, its players may also play for their respective club team. In this case, each National Team player’s name may be on two rosters. However, each player may only play for one team in any given game.

These players are responsible for handling any scheduling conflicts that arise; tournament organizers will not make any special accommodations in the schedule. No team may play more than 10 players in any single game.

To register:

(1) Pay your fees:

  • Paypal (preferred): Make a personal money transfer to ColoradoUWHTournaments@gmail.com. If you incur Paypal fees (by paying with a credit card, choosing the wrong type of payment, etc), we will ask you to cover them. Also, please indicate in your Paypal memo:

    • what team you are registering
    • which division you are selecting
  • Check: Make payable to DAUHC and mail to:
    Tyera Eulberg, 528 Welch Ave, Berthoud, CO 80513
    Also, please include a note indicating:

    • what team you are registering
    • which division you are selecting

(2) Submit your roster:

FEES:

  • $1,150 per team, maximum 12 players per team, maximum 10 suited per game
    After April 27: $1,350 per team

  • $25/adult, $12/child for the banquet
    After May 25: $35/adult, $15/child for the banquet

DEADLINE:

All team entry fees must be received by April 27 to avoid any penalties.

No registrations will be accepted after May 25.

Final rosters due June 3.

USOA:

All players must be members of USOA Underwater Hockey. No money or waivers will be accepted at the pool. All USOA fees and waivers must be submitted by June 3. We will obtain the list of paid dues and signed waivers to cross-check with our rosters on that date, and anyone who has not completed this task by the due date will not be permitted to play.

LOGISTICS:

Getting there:

The primary airport for the Denver area is DEN (Denver International Airport).

The airport is about 23 miles from the hotels and the pool.

Hotels:

All hotels are within a short drive to the pool and banquet location. The hotels are located at the 120th Ave interchange on I-25.

La Quinta Inn

- Address: 345 W. 120th Ave, Westminster, CO 80234

- Price: $102.60 (6/7), $111.60 (6/8 & 6/9), $99 (6/10) includes breakfast

- Deadline to book: May 17

- Method to reserve: call 1-866-527-1498, reference confirmation code 0644 GRYHKF 538

Fairfield Inn and Suites

- Address: 12080 Melody Dr, Westminster, CO 80234

- Price: $127/night

- Deadline to book: May 17

- Method to reserve: call 800-228-2800 or 303-255-3100, mention UWH Nationals

DoubleTree

- Address: 83 E. 120th Ave, Thornton, CO 80233

- Price: $139 (6/7-6/9), $119 (6/10) includes breakfast

- Deadline to book: May 8

- Method to reserve: call 303-920-8000, mention UWH Nationals or visit http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/D/DENTNDT-UHN-20180607/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

- Group code: UHN

There are several more hotels at this interchange. The Super 8 is typically the cheapest of the bunch.

APPAREL:

Nationals 2018 garment options will include hoodies, sweatpants, and t-shirts for pre-order. Some t-shirts may be available on deck, but to guarantee your Nationals 2018 apparel, it is highly suggested to order ahead of time. Keep an look out for purchase options which will be available on the tournament website beginning in April and ending the first week in May!

SPECIAL EVENTS:

Reffing Clinics:

Level 1 and Level 2 reffing clinics may be available on Thursday, June 7. More info to come!

Banquet:

The banquet and awards will be held Sunday, June 10 at 6pm at:

Cinzzetti's Italian Market

281 W 104th Avenue, Northglenn, CO 80234

  • Price: $25/adult, $12/child before May 25, $35/adult, $15/child after.
    Cost includes an amazing all-you-can-eat buffet, and non-alcoholic drinks. Beer and wine is available for purchase.

  • If you would like to attend the awards, but not eat at the banquet, please let us know.

After Party:

We’re working on festivities for after the banquet June 10. Stay tuned for more information!

Camp-O-Rama:

Stay tuned for camp-o-rama information! We are putting together some great ideas to help you enjoy the best of summertime Colorado.

MORE INFORMATION & UPDATES:

For regularly-updated tournament information, visit our webpage at: http://www.uwhnationalchampionships.com

Join our Facebook event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/422514758180550/

Follow on Instagram: @ uwhnationalchampionships

Tournament schedule and results will be hosted at: http://uwhscores.com

Questions, comments, etc, please email us at ColoradoUnderwaterHockey@gmail.com or phone Tournament Director Tyera at: 303.908.9398

IMPORTANT DATES:

April 27

1st roster & payment deadline, entry late fees begin

May 17

Booking deadline for most of the hotels

May 25

Last registration & payment deadline, banquet price increases

June 3

Final rosters due; USOA membership deadline

June 7

Potential reffing clinics

June 8-10

NATIONALS!