2017 Women's Tournament- dates?

Brigit Grimm

Apr 27, 2017, 12:32:39 AM4/27/17
to US women, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com, hock...@googlegroups.com
Hi ladies,
We are working hard on securing a venue for our 9th Annual Women's Tournament and we need your input.  It looks like Orlando is the best place for our tournament this year and they have all September dates available right now.  Would you please check your calendars and chime in with which September dates work for you?  If you know of any conflicts that we should consider, let us know that too.  I've heard that PCC will be in mid-October, so we clear that potential conflict.

Also, if you have any suggestions for what you'd like at this tournament that different than our usual schedule, let us know that too.

Be sure to pass this on to other women who might be interested in attending this year.  And get your comments in by May 4.

I can't wait to get this tournament on the calendar so we can start planning for another amazing tournament!
Cheers,
Brigit
(for the Women's Tournament Steering Committee)

Brigit Grimm

May 16, 2017, 5:31:15 PM5/16/17
to US women, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com, hock...@googlegroups.com
Hi ladies,
I've heard from several of you about some conflicts that would make the Women's Tournament difficult for you to make this year.  With that in mind, we feel that we need to get enough verbal commitments to move forward with planning. We'll need commitments from at least 25 to make it happen, so please take a moment, go to the doodle link below and let us know if and when you can make it!  We certainly hope we can get enough interest!  Let's do this thing!

We are poised to set up a tournament in Orlando on Sept 2-3 or Sept 9-10.  What weekend(s) can you make?

Leave your commitment and comments at https://doodle.com/poll/yqrzrnccbc57zbkt or reply to this email.

Happy Hockey,
Brigit

Brigit Grimm

Jun 6, 2017, 4:39:09 PM6/6/17
to US women, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com, hock...@googlegroups.com
Hi ladies,
It appears that we can't quite get enough commitments to make the Women's Tournament happen at this time.  With the Worlds training and tryout efforts making many of our ladies unable to fit another tournament in, we are coming up short on numbers.  The Women's Tournament won't be happening at this time, but we'll keep looking for opportunities to make it happen in the near future.

We always welcome those of you enthusiastic about growing women's hockey to step forward and be part of the energy to make it happen.  Let us know your ideas, anytime!

Cheers,
Brigit

Heidi Barnes

Jun 7, 2017, 4:58:54 PM6/7/17
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List
September 9 and 10 work better than Labor Day Weekend. Tickets might be cheaper too...
- Heidi