USA Men's Masters - Intro Event - Denver 11/5 - 11/6

icurtain

Aug 13, 2016, 10:13:57 AM8/13/16
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List

With the next Underwater Hockey Worlds scheduled for summer 2018, it’s time to start putting together the Men’s Masters Team to represent the USA in Quebec, Canada. If you’re going to be 35 years of age or older before July 2018 then you’re welcome to try out for the team!

The tryout process will begin this fall and continue until the final team selection has been made. Tryouts consist of weekend events geared towards learning the formation and system employed by the US Men’s Masters coach as well as evaluating skills and fitness. A few of the events will be mandatory and often occur once each season; sometimes even playing as a team at a tournament (e.g. – Montreal).

Our first event will be held in Denver, CO on November 5th and 6th. Meetings will begin midday Saturday followed by warm-ups and play from 2pm on Saturday through 3 pm on Sunday. Expect drills, dry-land run-throughs, formation theory discussions, video analysis, and hockey scrimmaging.

This event to open to everyone of Master's age.  You are welcome to attend even if you are trying out for the Men's team, or not currently planning on trying out for any team.  Pool and other common costs will be shared among all participants.  Travel costs will be your responsibility.  And we are looking into local housing options.  There will also be a $50 Master's Team fee charged for this event that will go directly towards the Master's Team expenses at Worlds.

Please save the date and officially express your interest in attending by emailing Danny Monroe or Iain Curtain at dannys...@gmail.com and icur...@me.com, respectively. More details will follow regarding housing and other issues and we look forward to seeing a good turnout in November for some high-level, old man hockey!

Sincerely,
USA Men’s Masters Steering Committee
Iain Curtain
Dave Kennedy