Banquet Ticket deadline is TOMORROW!

Philip Hickey

May 5, 2016, 2:19:51 PM5/5/16
to Tyera Eulberg, Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com
Just a friendly reminder to save you money:  If you want banquet tickets for Nationals, buy them before 5pm MDT tomorrow to get the early-bird price ($25/person).  After that, they'll cost you $10 more per person.

It's too late for mailed checks, so paypal your money to ColoradoUWH...@gmail.com

Remember to include a note with your payment saying what it's for.  And use the 'send money to friends and family' method to avoid incurring fees (we'll make you cover the fees and we might beat you with a wet pool noodle as well!)

Also, get your rosters in.  They were due 10 days ago, so you're already into wet pool noodle danger if you haven't sent it.  Hard deadline is going to be Monday.  After that, if we don't have a roster, your team is probably going to get the first-game + last_game schedule (and you don't want that, believe me!)

-Phil, on behalf of the DAUHC Nats Committee

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Philip Hickey <perphec...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Nationals 2016 is just around the corner.  We have more than 20 teams registered!

Please be aware that some key deadlines have now passed - the early registration price for team entry and for banquet tickets was April 25th.

But, because we're really nice, we've decided to extend the banquet-ticket early-purchase deadline a bit.

If you purchase banquet tickets by close-of-business (that's 5pm MDT) on Friday of this coming week (May 6th), we will honor the early-purchase price of $25/person.

Any tickets purchased thereafter (including at the tournament) will cost $35.

And don't forget to sign up for whitewater rafting on Monday after the tournament.  Group rates are good through June 1st - Contact Performance Tours at 1-800-328-7238 and say you're a part of the underwater hockey group to get the reduced rate.

Thanks,
-Phil Hickey on behalf of the DAUHC Nationals Committee.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Tyera Eulberg <teul...@gmail.com> wrote:

We are pleased to officially announce US Underwater Hockey Nationals 2016 in Colorado.

Come and enjoy crystal-clear water and the fastest UWH on the continent on our two brand new Sport Courts!

See registration and event details below and stay up to date by visiting the tournament website http://www.uwhnationalchampionships.com

WHEN: June 10-12, 2016

Expect play to start bright and early Friday morning and run through 4pm Sunday.

WHERE: Veteran’s Memorial Aquatic Center

5310 E 136th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241

REGISTER:

In order to guarantee the best possible experience for all players, we will accept a maximum of 24 team entries.

Depending on demand, second (and subsequent) team entries from individual clubs may be put on hold (fully refundable if not ultimately accepted) until March 15 to ensure that all clubs have a chance to enter at least one team. Entries that were put on hold will be accepted in the order in which they were received.

To register:

(1) Pay your fees:

  • Paypal (preferred): Make a personal money transfer to ColoradoUWH...@gmail.com. As always, if you incur Paypal fees (by paying with a credit card, choosing the wrong type of payment, etc), we will ask you to cover them. Also, please indicate in your Paypal memo who/what the payment is for to ensure that you receive credit for the payment.

  • Check: Make payable to DAUHC and mail to
    Philip Hickey, 528 Welch Ave, Berthoud, CO 80513

(2) Submit your roster:

FEES:

  • $1,100 per team, maximum 12 players per team, maximum 10 suited per game

  • $25/person for the banquet

  • $25/towel for tournament souvenir towel (see below)

  • After April 25: $1,300 per team, $35/person for the banquet

DEADLINE:

All rosters and payments must be received by April 25 to avoid any penalties.

No registrations will be accepted after May 9.

USOA:

All players must be members of USOA Underwater Hockey. No money or waivers will be accepted at the pool. All USOA fees and waivers must be submitted by June 1. We will obtain the list of paid dues and signed waivers to cross-check with our rosters on that date, and anyone who has not completed this task will not be permitted to play.

LOGISTICS:

Getting there:

The primary airport for the Denver area is DEN (Denver International Airport).

The airport is about 23 miles from the hotels and the pool.

Hotels:

All hotels are within a short drive to the pool and banquet location. The hotels are located at the 120th Ave interchange on I-25.

DoubleTree

- Address: 83 E. 120th, Thornton, CO 80233

- Price: $126/night

- Deadline to book: April 22

- Method to reserve: call 303-920-8000, mention Underwater Hockey Nationals; online booking website to come

Fairfield Inn and Suites

- Address: 12080 Melody Dr, Westminster, CO 80234

- Price: $109/night

- Deadline to book: May 9

- Method to reserve: call 303-255-3100, mention Underwater Hockey Nationals

La Quinta Inn

- Address: 345 West 120th Ave, Westminster, CO 80234

- Price: $107/night

- Deadline to book: May 18

- Method to reserve: call 303-252-9800, mention Underwater Hockey Nationals

Super 8

- Address: 12055 Melody Dr.  Westminster, CO 80234

- Price: $82/night

- Deadline to book: May 9

- Method to reserve: call 303-451-7200, mention Underwater Hockey Nationals

There are several more hotels at this interchange.

TOWELS:

Buy a souvenir towel to remember your epic Colorado Nationals! These cozy, full-size towels will be quick-drying microfiber fabric, and feature an attractive colorful-Colorado theme.

Payments accepted now; stay tuned to see the design!

- Price: $25

SPECIAL EVENTS:

Reffing Clinics:

Level 1 -- evening Thursday, June 9

Level 2 -- all day Thursday, June 9

Look for more information on specific times and how to register.

Banquet:

The banquet and awards will be held Sunday, June 12 at 6:30pm at:

Cinzzetti's Italian Market

281 W 104th Avenue, Northglenn, CO 80234

- Price: $25/person before April 25, $35/person after.
Cost includes an amazing all-you-can-eat buffet, and non-alcoholic drinks. Beer and wine is available for purchase.

After Party:

We’re working on festivities for after the banquet June 12. Stay tuned for more information!

Camp-O-Rama:

Georgetown is our chosen location for camp-o-rama! Located just off I-70 an hour west of Denver, Georgetown is a perfect location to get a feel for Colorado's mountains with lodging options to fit everyone's desired experience. For hotel accommodations, there is Super 8 Georgetown and Georgetown Mountain Inn, see websites below. For those looking for a more rugged experience, there are tent rentals in Denver and campsites available just a short drive away, see website below.

Tent rentals:

https://mountainsidegearrental.com/

http://www.outdoorsgeek.com/

Campsite reservations:

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/guanella-pass/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70623

*There are free, primitive camping areas available first come-first serve off Guanella Pass. No bathrooms or drinking water available at free sites, just a place to park your car and set up your tent!

Camp-o-Rama Hotels:

http://www.super8.com/hotels/colorado/georgetown/super-8-georgetown/hotel-overview?WID=LC:SE:20150901:Rio:Local

http://www.georgetownmountaininn.com/

*Mention you're with underwater hockey and get a discount of $15.  Room rate starting at $130 a night for 2 people plus $5 for each additional person.

Local hiking trails are accessible. If you are camping at Guanella Campsite, you are basically at the Guanella Trailhead which leads to the top of Mt. Bierstadt (14,060’), one of Colorado's 52 14'ers.

Rather drive up a 14'er? Georgetown to the top of Mt Evans (14,271') is about an hour drive.

See our website for more hiking and sightseeing suggestions.

Complete your Colorado adventure with rafting! Enjoy 25% off with Performance Tours when you go with us. Choose either the advanced class IV or the beginner class III trip. This will be during peak water flows!

Contact Performance Tours at 1-800-328-7238 and say you're a part of the underwater hockey group to get the reduced rate. The reservation will be for June 13 at 1:30 pm. Advanced section is $50 per person and an age limit of over 14. Intermediate section is $41 for adults and $37 for kids ages 8 to 11. Age restrictions can vary depending on amount of water flow. Call for any questions. Sign up by June 1 to get your adrenaline buzz on!

MORE INFORMATION & UPDATES:

For regularly-updated tournament information, visit our webpage at: http://www.uwhnationalchampionships.com

Join our Facebook event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/918995681547763/

Tournament schedule and results will be hosted at: http://uwhscores.com

Questions, comments, etc, please email us at ColoradoUnde...@gmail.com or phone Tournament Director Tyera at: 303.908.9398

IMPORTANT DATES:

April 25

1st roster & payment deadline, late fees begin

May 9

Last roster & payment deadline

May 9

Booking deadline for most of the hotels