USA NATIONALS 2015 - ONE MONTH LEFT TO REGISTER - LOS ANGELES, JUNE 26-28

Poorna

Apr 15, 2015, 1:18:18 PM4/15/15
to hock...@googlegroups.com
Hello again dearest hockey friends,

This is just a friendly reminder that there is exactly one month left for regular registration for USA Nationals 2015. We have received news of some fantastic teams attending so far, so keep those registrations coming!!!

We are offering a perk of FREE FOOD TRUCK FOOD to the first 15 teams that register. On Saturday at the pool, we will have the very popular Kogi Truck (http://kogibbq.com/), run by Chef Roy Choi (a renowned chef and one of the founders of the food truck movement). So get those registrations in ASAP!

Please see original announcement copied and pasted below the Camp-O-Rama update. Attached to this announcement is the registration form.

Update on Camp-O-Rama: Catalina Island
  • Getting to the Ferry: The ferry leaves from Long Beach. (it also leaves from San Pedro, which is close to Long Beach, but the Long Beach terminal is what we are recommending)
    • This is approximately 1.5-2 hours from Santa Clarita, depending on traffic.
    • You can take your rental cars all the way to Long Beach and leave them at a car park there before boarding the ferry, the cost is $15 per 24 hour period (http://catalinaexpress.com/port-long-beach/long-beach-port.html).
    • Alternatively, you can return your cars to LAX, and take an uberX from the airport to the Catalina Express. This will only be cost effective if you have a group of at least 2 people. Keep in mind uberX has regulations about pick-ups around the airport, but pick-ups from the off-site car rental areas are usually doable.
    • Taxis will not be cost effective.
    • There is a shuttle service that goes from LAX to the ferry harbor, but it is $39 a person each way - so again, not cost effective unless you are alone (and I think an uberX would cost similar or less).
  • Getting on the Ferry: Going from Long Beach to Avalon (not Two Harbors)
    • Cost: $75 round trip
    • Times: We will be boarding on Monday, 6/29 either at 8:30am, 10:00am, or 12:15pm. The boarding time is up to you, keeping in mind the 1.5-2 hour drive from Santa Clarita.
    • The trip time on the Ferry is about one hour to the island.
    • When you return is up to you. You can do a reasonable day trip if you leave on the 8:30am or 10am ferry; the latest return trip from the island is at 7:30pm.
  • Staying on the Island: There are many places to stay in and around Avalon, ranging from campgrounds to luxury hotels. Catalina Island hotels book up in the summer months, so we suggest booking early! Here are some options:
  • Things to do while in Catalina: We will try to coordinate some activities when we have a better idea of how many people are going, and where everyone is staying.

ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are pleased to officially announce USA 2015 Nationals in Los Angeles, CA! In case you haven't heard the rumors, Nationals in LA promises to be an epic experience not to be missed!!!

Please find attached the roster/registration form. Please complete the form and pay in full by the deadline (May 15th). Please note that the preferred method of payment is PayPal, and payments can be made to myself at poo...@gmail.com (be sure to indicate the payment is a 'gift' for a family/friend; if you do not indicate this, YOU will be responsible for any PayPal fees incurred). Checks made out to Los Angeles Underwater Hockey are also an acceptable form of payment (sent to address on registration form). Please email an electronic copy of the completed roster/registration form with your payment.

Dates: June 26th, 27th, and 28th.

Fees:
- $1,100 per team, maximum 12 players per team, maximum 10 suited per game (includes pool time for all three days, USOA development fee, and poolside food)
- $35 per person for banquet
- $20 per t-shirt (tank tops, men's and women's, design TBD)

Deadline: All rosters and payments must be received by May 15th, 2015 to avoid any penalties.
Registrations and payments received between May 15th and June 1st will pay modified late fees as follows:
- $1,300 registration fee per team
- $45 per person for banquet
- $25 per t-shirt
No registrations will be accepted after June 1st, 2015.

Location: The same pool as the previous Nationals and PCCs hosted in LA -
Santa Clarita Aquatics Center
20850 Centre Pointe Pkwy
Santa Clarita, CA 91350

This is an outdoor pool with multiple playing surfaces - please remember to bring spray-on sunblock (lotions cloud the pool, so we strongly prefer spray-on formulations if possible!)

Hotels:
All hotels listed are within short walking distance to each other (despite their addresses all being in different cities!) and also to the banquet venue. All are within a short drive to the pool. Additionally, multiple restaurants are available within walking distance (Denny's, In-N-Out, Jack in the Box, El Pollo Loco, Outback, McDonalds, etc.).

ALL hotels have the SAME rate, which is $140 per night (including tax). ALL hotels include parking, WiFi, and breakfast.

Blocks of rooms will be booked at the following hotels (mention Los Angeles Underwater Hockey), blocks will expire May 15th:

La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita/Valencia
25201 The Old Rd
Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381

Hampton Inn Santa Clarita
25259 The Old Rd
Newhall, CA 91381

Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita/Valencia
25340 The Old Rd
Santa Clarita, CA 91381

USOA Waivers:
NO USOA WAIVERS OR PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE POOL.
Since waiver signing and USOA dues payment are all online and easy to do now, there is no excuse not to have this completed.
Go to the link, pay your fee, get it done!
ALL USOA FEES AND WAIVERS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 1, 2015. We will obtain the list of paid dues and signed waivers to cross-check with our rosters on that date, and anyone who has not completed this task WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PLAY.

Logistics:
- Flying into and out of LAX or BUR would be most convenient
- You will need to rent a car - public transportation around LA in general is a disaster, and there is no economic way to transport yourself from the airport to Santa Clarita. Additionally, there are no hotels within reasonable walking distance to the pool, so transportation will be required to and from the games.
- Local housing for the tournament will not be available

Referee Clinic: The ref clinic will be held on Thursday night, June 25th at local player Weston Monroe's house. BYOB and plan to obtain your own dinner prior to the clinic. There is plenty of street parking available. Address is:
25418 Avenida Escalera
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Symposium: The symposium will be held on Friday night, June 26th at the following restaurant (within walking distance to the hotels):
Vencenzo's Pizza
24504 Lyons Ave
Newhall, CA 91321

Banquet: The banquet will be held at Shooters, within walking distance to the hotels.
Shooters Bar & Billiards
24450 Lyons Ave
Newhall, CA 91321
Expect pool hall access, cash bar, and a mechanical bull. Yes, a mechanical bull. All hockey players will be expected to ride at least once ;)

PARTY BUS: In typical Los Angeles Underwater Hockey fashion, a party bus will be planned for Sunday night following the banquet. The party bus is 21+ only. Drinking is allowed on the bus, and it will be BYO drinks. It will pick up at the banquet location, and drop off at the end of the night at the hotels. History has shown that the party bus experience is not to be missed, and not for the faint of heart ;) Specific club to be visited TBD, but will be in either Hollywood or Downtown LA. PARTY BUS FEE WILL BE IN ADDITION TO THE TOURNAMENT FEES. Historically, the per-person fee has been about $60, but price TBD for this year. Stay tuned for additional details.

Camp-o-Rama: Catalina Island (see above for details).

Questions? Concerns? Compliments? E-mail or call one of your super duper friendly local hosts.

Looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful faces!
Nationals Roster LA 2015.xlsx