Call for 2015 Juniors Worlds Coaches

Katharine Kurtz

Feb 5, 2015, 10:19:29 AM2/5/15
to hock...@googlegroups.com

Dear Underwater Hockey Community,

We are currently looking for coaches for the 2015 Juniors World Championships (boys and girls, U19 and U23) happening in Castellon, Spain from August 6 - 15, 2015 . Please see qualifications and required information below. We need to hear about your interest by Friday February 13. Please write to kat_s...@usauwh.com

We will select coaches among the candidates that contact us, only for the teams that have enough pre-committed players, which is still being defined.  We will announce the names of the coaches by February 15, at which point the coaches will be at the helm of their team. Coaches will release the profile of player they are looking for, a training regime and other plans by February 20. Players will seal their commitment with a deposit by deadline February 25.

Thank you,

Juniors Steering Committee

Kat Kurtz Kat_S...@usauwh.com

Gustavo Pesce Gustav...@usauwh.com

Agnes Debrunner agnesde...@icloud.com

Paul Wittekind paul_wi...@usauwh.com

Qualifications:

  • Interest and enthusiasm for developing USA Juniors underwater hockey

  • Ability to develop, articulate and implement a team strategy

  • Plan and run team selection

  • Develop and implement training plans for juniors athletes

  • Ability to communicate online regularly with juniors across the U.S

Please provide the following information::

  • Contact Information: Name, Address, Email and Phone Number

  • How long have you been playing underwater hockey?

  • What is your experience as a player and as a coach (in underwater hockey or other sports)?

  • Which team(s) you are interested in working with (boys U19, girls U19, boys U23 or girls U23)?

  • Why you are interested in coaching the USA Juniors team(s)?

  • What initial ideas do you have for the team strategy?

  • What are your initial thoughts on organizational structure plans - including assistants, vice-coach, or manager?