Women's Tournament 2016 update- we have coaches!

Brigit Grimm

Sep 1, 2016, 2:16:00 PM9/1/16
to Club Puck, SF Hockey, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com, US women, hock...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that we now have some fabulous coaches signed up to lead our clinic and potluck teams.  They all have experience playing at the World Championship level and coaching at least at the local level (if not more!), so their expertise will be invaluable throughout the weekend.  Here are our coaches:

Christina Jones
Hélène Soleille
Leah Ettema
Ianna and Agnes Debrunner

Over the next few weeks, we will be developing the itinerary for the clinic and tournament, so if you have any suggestions for either, please send them to me soon (
at brigi...@gmail.com).

Also, if you haven't yet signed up for the tournament, the details are in the email below (it's as easy as sending your fee via paypal).  If you have signed up, tell a friend (or forward this email) and get them to sign up.  The more, the merrier!

Keep up to date on developments by checking our Facebook page

 https://www.facebook.com/events/1705483816367608/permalink/1706172132965443/

and/or our Women's Hockey Community elist,

usauw...@yahoogroups.com
Are you a member yet?  Contact me for more details.

See you on the bottom!
Brigit

On 8/8/2016 4:47 PM, Brigit Grimm brigi...@gmail.com [USUnderwaterHockey] wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Brigit Grimm included below]

8th Annual Women's UWH Tournament 2016

Local Host: Phoenix UWH, Ruth Wylie

Date:  Oct 29-30, 2016

Sat 9am-12pm  beginning to advanced level clinic

Sat 1pm-6pm  potluck tournament

Sun 9am-3pm  potluck tournament

Location: The pool is at the Sun Devil Fitness Center, 400 E Apache Blvd, Tempe, AZ.  It’s an outdoor pool, so bring sunscreen.  Lockers available-bring your own lock.

Transportation:  Fly into Phoenix (PHX). 15 minutes by car/uber or 30 minutes by light rail to the pool or hotel.

Accommodations: We have 20 rooms reserved (special rate held until October 14) at the Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport (1020 E Apache Blvd, Tempe, AZ 85281) at a group rate of $63.20/night + tax. To book, call 877-361-2508 and reference confirmation #98325911 and group name "Women’s Underwater Hockey"

The hotel is close (~0.5 mile) to both the pool and a light rail station.

Local housing is also available – contact Ruth (ruth....@gmail.com) if you need crash space or other housing info.

Fees: PayPal to fu...@usauwh.com (or contact Wendy Okafuji, wen...@comcast.net)

Early bird - $95 by Aug 15

Regular entry - $110 by Sept 30

Late entry - $130 after Sept 30

Optional: We welcome any amount of additional donation to help cover subsidies to get high level coaches for the clinic and each team, as well as to help a few players to come to the tournament that might not be able to make it otherwise.  Thank you!

What do my fees cover?

Entry, lunches, poolside snacks and a fabulous Saturday group dinner hosted by our local host, Ruth Wylie.

Scholarships and Coaches Subsidies:

Funds are available for players in need of a little help to get to the tournament and for a few elite women to help coach the clinic and teams for the weekend.  See attached flyers for details.  Note that the deadline for applications is August 15!

Additional information:

We welcome all lady hockey players- newbies, elite, young, old, tall and short. ;)  And you don't even have to come with a team!  We'll make up potluck teams, which will be lead by elite level women, so you are sure to have a weekend filled with fun, education, and camaraderie.

Saturday evening theme: Halloween (of course!).  Fun awards will be given for costumes, best swimsuit, first to enter, best play of the day, and lots of other categories!  You can even suggest some new ones!

More details will be posted to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/1705483816367608/permalink/1706172132965443/

as well as to the usauw...@yahoogroups.com elist.  If you aren’t yet signed up for this group, contact Brigit Grimm (brigi...@gmail.com) so you don’t miss a thing!

Once you’ve paid your entry fee, please fill in your details here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_xH1Gy-j5wQd6Ts7paORWWEUAUn1XVx6HM41tTP-AbE/edit?usp=sharing

We hope to see you there!

Brigit, Wendy, Monica, Ruth
2016 Women's Tournament Committee

Attachment(s) from Brigit Grimm | View attachments on the web

2 of 2 File(s)

Posted by: Brigit Grimm <brigi...@gmail.com>

.