2017 Junior Team Candidates and Coaches

Agnes Debrunner

Jul 28, 2016, 12:07:16 PM7/28/16
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List

Junior Teams for 2017 World Championships

TomBrown | July 24th, 2016

We received applications from 53 candidates to compete with Team USA in Hobart, Australia in July 2017. The U19 Men and Ladies and U23 Men teams will start their process of training and selection shortly. Unfortunately we only received two applicants for U23 Ladies. We decided to not continue the process for this team.

We also received applications from excellent candidates for the coaching team. Each team has been assigned a coach and assistant coach(es).

Below are the coaches for each team and the list of candidates. Please check the list. If you submitted an application and you don't find your name there, please write to us to juniors-comm...@googlegroups.com. If you think there are any other young players we have missed, let us know that as well!

U19 Ladies
Coach: Kendall Banks
Assistant Coach: Susan Banks
Candidates:

NameClub
Abigail BDoor county sturgeons
Abigail SSturgeon Bay
ElsaDenver Area Underwater Hockey Club
Gale CSturgeon
IannaDenver Underwater Hockey
JenniferSan Francisco Sea Lions
Kaitlyn SSturgeon Bay
KenyaSan Francisco Sea Lions
Lauren KCollege of Marin
Madeline ESturgeon Bay
Molly BDoor County Sturgeons
NicoleSea Lion
Paige TSturgeons
RosaSF Sea Lions
SherrySF Sea Lions
SydneySF Sea Lions
TeresaSF Sea Lions
VivianSF Sea Lions

U19 Males
Coach: Holland Ja
Assistant Coach: Tom Brown
Candidates:

NameClub
Benjamin ZSebastopol Sharks
DayakKing pool
EricSan Francisco Sea Lions
JosephRoger Bacon
JustinSFUWH
QuantumSFUWH
RaymondSan Francisco Sea Lion
Robbie GFlorida keys
RyanSea Lions
Samuel MOrlando
Shawn BOrlando underwater hockey

U23 Males
Coach: Iain Curtain
Assistant Coaches: Matt Blair and Andrew Creedon
Candidates:

NameClub
Alex MCincinnati
CheSan Francisco sea lions
Cody SGeorge Mason University
Conrad Dalemany
Daniel XuUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
David LUniversity of Illinois
DeckerAtlanta / Swordfish
Dustin BMichigan State University
Dylan SGMU
Ege ASwordfish UWH
Evan BUMASS Lowell
Jack Derrick-JehuEast Bays
John MUF underwater hockey
Kevin ACincinnati/Roger Bacon
Lee DUIUC
Michael AronckesNone
Michael HOrlando, Tampa, Atlanta
Nathan BGeorge Mason University Underwater Club
OmarSan Francisco Sea Lions
Peter Derrick-JehuEast Bays
Ray AUniversity of Illinois
TristanDenver

Team USA was first represented at the Age Groups World Championships in 2015 in Castellón, Spain.

Three-cheers,

Juniors Steering Committee, USA UWH
Gustavo Pesce (San Francisco, CA - USA UWH Committee) gustav...@usauwh.com
Kat Search (Washington, DC - USA UWH Committee) kat_s...@usauwh.com