create user in hippo cms other than using cms admin console

hari...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2016, 3:53:31 AM2/10/16
to Hippo Community
I am able to create users using hippo cms login.
1)I want to create the users withou using the hipppo cms console.
Instead for example would be using rest apis to create hippo users. How can i achieve these. Are there any api given by hippo to create users.

2) Also are there any ways to store the user data in mysql rather than in documents xml files.

marijan milicevic

Feb 10, 2016, 5:18:56 AM2/10/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 9:50 AM, <hari...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am able to create users using hippo cms login.
1)I want to create the users withou using the hipppo cms console.
Instead for example would be using rest apis to create hippo users. How can i achieve these. Are there any api given by hippo to create users.

There is no special User API provided, but you can use JCR api [1] in combination with REST [2] to achieve this

2) Also are there any ways to store the user data in mysql rather than in documents xml files.

Data is always stored into database, in your local environment it is stored into H2 (in memory) database.
The XML files you are referring to are used to bootstrap initial content and configuration. To replace H2 database with mysql, see [3] and [4]

cheers
marijan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Oscar Scholten

Feb 11, 2016, 5:41:35 AM2/11/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:18 AM, marijan milicevic <m.mil...@onehippo.com> wrote:
I am able to create users using hippo cms login.
1)I want to create the users withou using the hipppo cms console.
Instead for example would be using rest apis to create hippo users. How can i achieve these. Are there any api given by hippo to create users.

There is no special User API provided, but you can use JCR api [1] in combination with REST [2] to achieve this

An alternative for REST services exposed by the HST [2] might be repository level REST services [3].

The benefit of the repository REST services is that by default they are only exposed by the CMS web application, and can provide authentication and authorization out of the box. So if users should only be created by company "internal" processes, this might be beneficial.

Both mechanisms use JAXRS, so it is possible to switch relatively easily.

Cheers, Oscar

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, 8th Floor, MA 02111

Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
US +1 877 414 4776
www.onehippo.com | www.onehippo.org