Login automatically gets redirected to https

Robert van der Spek

Mar 27, 2017, 7:22:06 AM3/27/17
to Hippo Community
Hello!

I have a sitemapitem with the name 'login' and componentconfigurationid of hst:pages/login. When I try to access this page through the URL http://localhost:8080/site/login it automatically gets redirected to https://localhost:8080/site/login. The browser renders the following error:

Fout tijdens het verbinden met localhost:8080. SSL ontving een record die de maximaal toegestane lengte heeft overschreden. Foutcode: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Attempt to an english translation:
Error while establishing connection with localhost:8080. SSL recieved a record exceeding the maximum allowed length. Errorcode: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

In addition I get the following stacktrace:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 27-Mar-2017 13:13:27.331 INFO [http-nio-8080-exec-2] org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process Error parsing HTTP request header
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character found in method name. HTTP method names must be tokens
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractNioInputBuffer.parseRequestLine(AbstractNioInputBuffer.java:232)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1013)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:687)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1520)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1476)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

In production this page should off course be https, but I would like it to work locally as well. What to do?

Ard Schrijvers

Mar 27, 2017, 7:41:31 AM3/27/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Robert,

for local development you can set the login to http at
/cms/console/?1&path=/hst:hst/hst:configurations/hst:default/hst:sitemap/login

See for more explanation about this at [1]

HTH,

Regards Ard

[1] https://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/security/delivery-tier-authentication.html
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Jasper Floor

Mar 27, 2017, 9:53:20 AM3/27/17
to Hippo Community

> RSS:
> https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
> ---
> "Hippo Community" group.
Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com
--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

rmvand...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 9:58:11 AM3/27/17
to Hippo Community
I have now changed the hst:scheme to http. This did prevent the IllegalArgumentException from being thrown, but it is still redirecting it to https://localhost:8080/site/login

Kind regards,

Robert

Jasper Floor

Mar 27, 2017, 11:14:24 AM3/27/17
to Hippo Community
Try clearing your cache or run it a private window. If that doesn't work, what version of Hippo are using? Also, do you see any intermediate pages before the redirect?

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Ard Schrijvers

Mar 27, 2017, 11:31:51 AM3/27/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Jasper Floor
<jasper...@bloomreach.com> wrote:
> Try clearing your cache or run it a private window. If that doesn't work,
> what version of Hippo are using? Also, do you see any intermediate pages
> before the redirect?

Most likely it is indeed the 301 permanent redirect in local cache

Regards Ard

> mvg,
> Jasper
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 1:49 PM, <rmvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have now changed the hst:scheme to http. This did prevent the
>> IllegalArgumentException from being thrown, but it is still redirecting it
>> to https://localhost:8080/site/login
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> --
>> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements
>> about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

>> "Hippo Community" group.
>> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.
>

> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.

Robert van der Spek

Mar 28, 2017, 1:55:36 AM3/28/17
to Hippo Community
Clearing the cache did the trick. Thanks again for your help!