Facing issue while upgrading from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1

Rahul

Oct 12, 2016, 7:12:39 AM10/12/16
to Hippo Community
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

marijan milicevic

Oct 12, 2016, 7:19:39 AM10/12/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Rahul <test.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

please have  some help ;-)
cheers
marijan

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Rahul

Oct 12, 2016, 7:26:21 AM10/12/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
 Hi marijan,

Could you please suggest me how can i upgrade the version? I tried changing the version through pom but then it gives me no repository exception.

Thanks
Rahul

marijan milicevic

Oct 12, 2016, 7:31:29 AM10/12/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Rahul <test.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Hi marijan,

Could you please suggest me how can i upgrade the version? I tried changing the version through pom but then it gives me no repository exception.

upgrade process is described here:

if you don't have  access to above documentation, then just create default 11.xx project and  compare/ modify pom files in your project...
It is pretty much impossible to say why you are getting repository exception (at least based on information you provided so far)
cheers
marijan

Thanks
Rahul

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:42:39 PM UTC+5:30, Rahul wrote:
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

Rahul

Oct 13, 2016, 7:17:03 AM10/13/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi Marijan,

I compare both the pom and updated accordingly. I am getting following error while starting the server:

ERROR localhost-startStop-1 [RepositoryServlet.init:229] Error while setting up
JCR repository:
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] javax.jcr.RepositoryException: unchecked exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: nul
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:1
91)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init(RepositoryServlet.java:189)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1238)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1151)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1038)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5027)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5337)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:940)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1816)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:1
78)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   ... 17 more
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/monitor/FileAlterationListener
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:760)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:2
541)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.findClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:858)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1301)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1166)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.onehippo.cms7.services.webfiles.watch.WebFilesWatcher.createFileSystemObserver(WebFilesWatc
her.java:136)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.onehippo.cms7.services.webfiles.watch.WebFilesWatcher.observeFileSystem(WebFilesWatcher.jav
a:108)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.onehippo.cms7.services.webfiles.watch.WebFilesWatcher.observeFileSystemIfNeeded(WebFilesWat
cher.java:98)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.onehippo.cms7.services.webfiles.watch.WebFilesWatcher.<init>(WebFilesWatcher.java:69)

Thanking you!

Regards
Rahul

Rahul

Oct 14, 2016, 12:23:01 AM10/14/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this??

Thanks
Rahul

Jasper Floor

Oct 14, 2016, 3:42:53 AM10/14/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Most likely you need to update your shared libraries.

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 14, 2016, 4:10:52 AM10/14/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hey Rahul,

I recommend you contact helpdesk / sales to learn how you can upgrade.
We write quite some upgrade documentation which explains every step.
However, we only share this for customers (we need to pay our beer in
some way). Describing the entire upgrade on the public list is not
something we can nor will do. Hope you can understand this. So
unfortunately, you either have to find out yourself how to upgrade, or
stick with version 10, or contact Hippo.

HTH,

Regards Ard
>> To post to this group, send email to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
>> RSS:
>> https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
>> ---
>> "Hippo Community" group.
>> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.
>

> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
--
Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Rahul

Oct 14, 2016, 6:30:53 AM10/14/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi Jasper,

I could check all the jars in shared library is updated. Could you please tell me any specific item in the library?

Thanking you!

Regards
Rahul
To post to this group, send email to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Rahul

Oct 16, 2016, 11:46:41 PM10/16/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi All,

I am able to build the project but when i start to run the project it gives me no repository available. Could you please suggest me what could be the cause of getting this no repository available exception? How can i fix this exception?

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

marijan milicevic

Oct 17, 2016, 5:03:49 AM10/17/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi Rahul,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Rahul <test.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am able to build the project but when i start to run the project it gives me no repository available. Could you please suggest me what could be the cause of getting this no repository available exception? How can i fix this exception?

Thanking you!

"Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/monitor/FileAlterationListener"

please check version of apache IO commons version (check if it is available at all, and compare with version that is included within Hippo default install)
cheers
marijan

Warm Regards
Rahul

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:42:39 PM UTC+5:30, Rahul wrote:
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Rahul

Oct 17, 2016, 7:30:44 AM10/17/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi Marijan,

Are you talking about commons-io-{version}.jars present in projects target folder?

Thanks
Rahul

marijan milicevic

Oct 17, 2016, 7:42:54 AM10/17/16
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Rahul <test.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Marijan,

Are you talking about commons-io-{version}.jars present in projects target folder?

yes. You can also check dependency tree by using maven dependency tree plugin,
see
cheers
marijan

Thanks
Rahul

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:42:39 PM UTC+5:30, Rahul wrote:
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

Rahul

Oct 18, 2016, 1:15:05 AM10/18/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi Marijan,

It worked, CMS is now upgraded but i am not able to access the site. I have upgraded HST by updating site pom. I am getting "HST container services are not initialized yet" error. Could you please help me what else could be missing?

Thanks
Rahul

marijan milicevic

Oct 18, 2016, 5:08:30 AM10/18/16
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Rahul <test.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Marijan,

It worked, CMS is now upgraded but i am not able to access the site. I have upgraded HST by updating site pom. I am getting "HST container services are not initialized yet" error. Could you please help me what else could be missing?

not without full error stacktrace / log files, so please attach or post relevant stacktraces so we can have a look,

cheers
marijab

Thanks
Rahul

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:42:39 PM UTC+5:30, Rahul wrote:
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

Rahul

Oct 18, 2016, 5:20:39 AM10/18/16
to Hippo Community, test.ana...@gmail.com
Hi Marijan,

I have attached screenshot of the error messages. While starting up the server i am getting the "HstSiteConfigServlet: ComponentManager initialization failed" and once i try to access the site i am getting "HST container services are not initialized yet".

Thanks
Rahul

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:42:39 PM UTC+5:30, Rahul wrote:
error1.png
error2.png

marijan milicevic

Oct 18, 2016, 6:02:16 AM10/18/16
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Rahul <test.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Marijan,

I have attached screenshot of the error messages. While starting up the server i am getting the "HstSiteConfigServlet: ComponentManager initialization failed" and once i try to access the site i am getting "HST container services are not initialized yet".

Hi, please attach full log files, I am missing relevant information,
cheers
marijan

Thanks
Rahul

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:42:39 PM UTC+5:30, Rahul wrote:
Hi All,

I am facing issue while upgrading my version from 10.0.0 to 11.0.1, please help.

Thanking you!

Warm Regards
Rahul

Ate Douma

Oct 18, 2016, 7:21:29 AM10/18/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
The error and stacktrace in the first screenshot might indicate you're having
the same problem as discussed in another thread here "Upgrade to Hippo CMS 11",
see [1].

There is a workaround described by Ard and related issues [2], [3] created and
already fixed for the upcoming 11.0.x and 11.1 releases.

Ate

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?parenturl=https://www.onehippo.org/about/community/cms-forums.html#!topic/hippo-community/tnlPVLGN5dQ
[2] https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HSTTWO-3839
[3] https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HSTTWO-3840
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> Community" group.
> to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com>.
--
mailto:in...@onehippo.com http://www.onehippo.com http://www.onehippo.org
Hippo B.V. The Netherlands Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam +31 (0)20 522 4466