What is http://localhost:8080/login

Thorben Heins

Jan 25, 2016, 12:09:48 PM1/25/16
to Hippo Community
Hi folks,

today we accidentally discovered this resource. We are running Hippo 10.1.0 and were wondering, whether this is some legacy, that might be used to attack an application somehow? As it presents itself with "Hippo 7" it looks kind of odd in any case, as we started with 10.0 initially.

Any feedback is welcome :)

Greetings,
Thorben

Woonsan Ko

Jan 25, 2016, 12:35:05 PM1/25/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thorben,

It's the default JAAS based login form provided by HST. [1]
If you don't use authentication in your websites, that should be fine. It's just an additional authentication when needed.
If you want to remove all the login pages, then you might want to remove any servlet and mapping configurations for /login/* in site/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Regards,

Woonsan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

w....@onehippo.com     www.onehippo.com
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, 8th Floor, Boston MA 02111
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466

Oscar Scholten

Jan 25, 2016, 4:33:22 PM1/25/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thorben,

Bit of background: when we released Hippo 10 back in May'15 we switched to Semantic Versioning [1]. Up until then we released Hippo 7.x from 2010 to 2015 [2]. Apparently we still have some static strings that form Hippo CMS 7 somehow :-/

I've filed a bug in JIRA [3] so we can fix this in an upcoming release.

Cheers, Oscar
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, 8th Floor, MA 02111

Europe +31(0)20 522 4466