Fwd: Grant Bettinger (MBA741: Marketing: Core Concepts and Tools) just sent you a message in Canvas.

1 view

Bettinger, Grant

Nov 6, 2012, 1:18:31 PM11/6/12
to hi...@googlegroups.com
FYI on marketing.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dinner, Isaac" <Isaac_...@kenan-flagler.unc.edu>
Date: November 6, 2012, 12:23:33 PM EST
To: "Bettinger, Grant" <Grant_B...@kenan-flagler.unc.edu>
Subject: RE: Grant Bettinger (MBA741: Marketing: Core Concepts and Tools) just sent you a message in Canvas.

Hi Grant & B5:

My group is working on the homework for tomorrow, and we were wondering if there are any practice problems that are similar to the homework.

There is a practice problem on Canvas (under files) which uses CLV.

We aren't sure what to do with the Acquisition Costs for the CLV of question 1.  We held it constant for A to solve for the new acquisition cost for the new retention ratio, but now don't have an acquisition cost to use for question 2.  Can you please steer us in the right direction?

There is no mention so assume acquisition cost of zero. If you use a constant value, it will cancel out in both cases  anyway.

-Isaac

Nov 6, 2012, 8:48:53 PM11/6/12
to HI...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Grant – so looks like we were right with our assumption on AC

Here is what I had as for answers – let me know if anything is wrong and/or you need me to do anything.

1a) $188,571.43  ($9.43 x 20,000 customers)

1b) $210,000 ($42 x 5,000 customers)

2a) He will eventually break-even as CLV is $265,200.   3000((26(0.85/(1+0.1-0.85))) = 262,500

2b) r = 109.78%    This assumes commissions stay constant for future JWC sales and 10% discount rate

Hubert Paul

MBA-Class of 2014UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School

973.229.6316Huber...@unc.eduwww.kenan-flagler.unc.edu

Rosenblum, Betsy-Shane

Nov 7, 2012, 7:03:23 AM11/7/12
to hi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds about right…who's got a paper copy?  Mine has disappeared on me :(

Bs